Chapter 14

~Not knowing yourself is worse than not knowing someone else~

Why can't I ever get the chance to sleep till noon? Sleep is essential for the body and mind. And an average human needs approximately nine hours of sleep each night. Sleep also helps in the healing and repairing of the heart ans blood vessels. And the lack of sleep increases the risk of heart disease, kidney disease, hypertension and even a stroke. Therefore, in conclusion I need to prevent all of those unfortunate things from happening to me through sleep. But it turns out my best friend and the loser who can't seem to wait until two pm to have a party, disagree. I wake up to thudding music and a soon to be dead best friend jumping on my bed.

"TROY!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

"Stephanie! Wake up! We gotta go!" Troy yells as he sits cross legged on my bed, while I try sitting up properly on the bed to face him

"Also I come with hot chocolate," he adds on.

"Troy, I don't want to know how you come. Okay. That's just disgusting."

He looks at me with a bored expression.
"You know I was talking about me bringing good ol' hot chocolate for you but I guess I'll just have it."

"Nononono! Where is it? I'll have it! You must never reject food. It's Bae."

He laughs and points towards the deck. Immediately I get out of the warm cozy bed and make my way to the deck.

"Where do we have to gooo?" I ask with my groggy sleepy voice, which startles him.

"Well, uh.... Some dude from school is throwing a party and we're invited."

"What's the name of this 'dude'?" I ask as I use my fingers to quote 'dude'.

"Drew," He says it as if I know who this Drew is.

"Are you that oblivious? He lives next door to you."

"Ohhh that Drew," now I remember him. I've never actually met him, I've only ever heard his name being mentioned a few times. But....

"He goes to the same school we went to?" I ask in confusion, tilting my head slightly and raising my left eyebrow.

"Steph, he was in our chemistry class."

He what? I highly doubt it. His parents always complained to my parents about him never doing him homework. They even told my parents that he'll probably never graduate from high school.

Well...

"Steph, you're day dreaming again." I'm brought out of my deep thoughts about Mr Drew by Troy vigorously  waving his hand in front of my face.

"OKAY! STOP! About...Drew. I never knew he was in our chemistry class and I don't think I'll be attending the party with you."

"Nooo! You have to!"

From the deck I notice the party that's going on down at the beach. I grab the cup of hot chocolate and walk to the end of the deck, resting my hands, which holds the warm hot chocolate contained cup on the balustrade.  The sun is shining brightly across the ocean, making it glisten and is making me want to just relax at the beach.

"So, uh, you're coming right?" I turn my head and see Troy staring out at the ocean, just like I was a while ago.

"Where? To the party?" I ask, oblivious.

"Yes, to the party. C'mon it'll be fun. I mean look at everyone having over there," He says making me look in the direction of the music and half naked people.