Bare foot hits

Wes was waiting on the coach. He was asleep and I quickly opened the front door, looks like I’m walking home

“You bitch!” I stopped turning around to see Emma, tears streaming down her face as she stormed up to me. “You bitch! I worked so hard to get rid of you!” I stopped turning around to face her.

“I’m sorry, what?” she grabbed a fistful of my dress.

“Back the fuck off of Wes okay? He’s mine; don’t get in the way of this either.” I couldn’t help but be mad. Her words didn’t make sense, what did I ever do to her!

“What the hell did I ever do to you?” I seethed just about ready to punch her.

“You took my fucking spot at Bambi’s! How could you forget?” I wasn’t paying attention; it didn’t matter, because she wanted Wes.

“You’re going out with Luke!” I stepped towards her, I might not have been too fond of Luke but he was Family.

“Please, why would I want to go out with Luke? That’s just because I wanted to make Julie jealous.” And I slapped her. “Why would you care? Fucking whore?”

I don’t know why, but I felt so much venom towards her. For being so mean to Julie, for using Luke and accusing me.

And I felt terrible. I felt like Ryan, like a monster.

And like when I fell, nothing went in slow motion. Not when Emma stepped back holding the side of her face. As Starley came out of her house and ran towards me, holding my form. Or as Luke came and grabbed Emma, yelling at me. My eyes were locked on Wes’.

He was watching me, shaking his head at me. I couldn’t hear anyone I was zoned out watching Wes. And he opened his mouth.

‘I thought better of you.’ He mouthed to me, and my world crumbled.

It was like with Ryan, not as bad, but I hit her. All I could hear was Wes as he walked down the path away from me.

I could barely hear Luke as he screamed crude words at me. I heard Starley though.

“I’ll deal with it, I heard everything that happened, get changed and find him.” I turned around running towards the house. Passing Vicky who was trying to tell me something. I didn’t listen though. The only thing that mattered was getting this dress off.

I quickly striped down, grabbing a pair of blue shorts and a white basketball t-shirt. I didn’t bother with shoes or socks screw it, and I ran down the road. Sprinting past Emma and Luke my feet slapping the hot pavement. Pebbles getting stuck between my toes as I ran following the tracks of Wes’ truck.

It was hot, my body was begging for me to stop, but I ushered my bare feet on. Each step bringing zaps of pain up my body, trying to avoid the glass I was stepping on as I sprinted down the way.

Then the tracks stopped, and I looked around.

I was really lost, down what seemed to be an alleyway, it was dark, probably at least midnight, and my body erupted into chills. I was lost, at midnight in an Alley, with no phone, shoes, or a weapon. And so I sat down, starring up at the moon as I cried.

~

“Lenora! Stop it we have to go back, moms going to get worried.”I kept riding my bike, trying to chase after Lenora.

We were finally thirteen and snuck out to ride our new bikes. It was getting really late though. I watched Lenora Fall, her bike flipping over, and her tooth go hoping down the hill.

“Lenora! I dropped my bike rushing to her side; we were out there maybe ten minutes before a car pulled over.

“Are you girls okay? Want a ride.” He stepped out of the car, walking towards Lenora.

“We’re fine, my mom’s on her way.” He grabbed Lenora’s arm.

“No, you girls need a ride.” I guess, for once in my life things went pretty slow. The neighbors had heard Lenora scream and watched as I jumped at the rather large man. Slamming my body into his and biting his cheek.

Lenora kicked him, pushing herself out of his grip, as the sirens I was now so familiar with came zooming down the street. For a week all I could taster was skin, blood, and booze.

~

“You must be Wes’ new play toy.” I felt my hair being pulled as I stood up. My foot barely missing a piece of glass.

The man towered over me, and was a spitting image of Jared. I screamed, but nothing came out, it was like with Lenora, except just me. I couldn’t bite or kick, because he could kill me. Likely with just one hand.

He sent a punch into my stomach, and I threw up, covering his shoes in my vomit.

“Little bitch.” He spat on me, his saliva trickling down my cheek. He sent a punch to my arm, a slap to my face.

It continued, when I finally sent my legs to kick him. I didn’t have enough energy, and my muscles were weak. And he growled, throwing me to the ground.

His rough hands grazed my pant line. He tugged roughly to get them down.

“NO!” I squirmed around, kicking and punching, finally he backed away, sending a kick to my stomach.

“Tell Wes daddy says hi.”