Part 1

Eyes closed, head resting back, feet propped up on the desk. For anyone who saw the great detective postured in that manner in the middle of working hours would think he might quiet be enjoying moments of bliss and wasting a good amount of cash.

Natural though.

For someone who's life revolved around crime investigations 24/7; not just any investigation as one doesn't simply become 'great of a detective', that was rather an enjoyably relaxing mode at the middle of the day when the information coming in and going out was at its peak. Not to mention with a cup of hot cappuccino. To anyone who saw him like that. For him, that was the very beginning, with a seemingly relaxed mind working like a bee that was his way of digging deeper into cases. Case closed.

'Teach yourself before you go out to be taught'. One of his famous lesson to his subordinates though they were never sure how to apply that to themselves. Sitting like that he would spend hour thinking, going to the depths, unlocking doors and solving puzzles, until it was finally time to move about, open the file and read the details of the case. Because no one could doubt that his imagination would outmatch the hidden details of the official document.

Just like that, now was the perfect time he started his meditation and so had he.
Outside his office, Unit 1: Special Investigation Dept was a noisy mess. Papers rustling and flying about like pigeons beside some lake, telephones ringing like crazy, officers attending the interrogating the clients, the thudding of footsteps running about in a rush.

Always leaving the good to clean their mess, how else are criminals supposed to work.
Luckily all the noise seemed to pause at his door sending some very feeble waves through leaving the peace unharmed. He had once complained the room to be too packed but sooner had been grateful. The window gave him a well defined view to what was going on at the other side of the door that remained blinded for now.

And there he sat running his mind like an internet browser, opening links after links. Clues after clues
A knock at the door forced his thoughts to stop by, disabling any further surfing. People knew when to leave bugs.
He opened his eyes and turned his head towards the door that opened slowly, rather very carefully. A head peeped in from behind it.

"Um....Jason sir?"

He sighed, returning to his gentleman pose as he spun around in his leather arm chair facing the door.

"Yes? Wendy"

The girl; Wendy, determining her position from Jason's response opened the door a little more; careful not to disturb the settled peace, and stood in the way, her hand resting on the knob with a file clutched against her. Poor little busy soul.
"Uh... there's a-"
.....and there went the peace.

Unluckily her announcement was cut short as another comer bashed through the door that for a moment Jason had expected the door to break free from the hinges and lie flat on the floor. He usually did by this appearance. Not to mention all the pigeons, the telephones the clients and the footsteps seemed to be flying right at his face.

"Sir Jason! Mr. Isaac has arrived!"

Wendy's annoyance was already filling the atmosphere.
The too enthusiastic vs. the too responsible, Wendy and Benet.

Jason rubbed his forehead, probably annoyed.
"Yes Benet, I heard that, TOO loud and TOO clear, now if you would please return to your work."

He doubted though that the boy had understood the emphasis of TOO because the girl had to pull him away doing the gentle job of closing the door. Benet was not to be trusted with doors.
The young ones, still under training courses had been placed under his direct supervision after being appointment at Unit 1 two months ago. They had a lot to learn and sure gave Jason a hard time.