Part 11

Of all place, why my office?
Jason entered his room.
Why not the meeting room?
Isaac was standing beside a grey black haired man his back towards Jason. Upon his arrival Isaac motioned for him as the man got up and turned around to greet Jason.
The director of Bells FBI group.
"Mr. Albert."  He went ahead and shook hands with him. "Good to see you"
"Good to see you too...." not in my office though.
He eyed Isaac who nodded his head, seems like he didn't had much of a choice. The men took their seats, Jason facing the two.

As far as Jason had heard, the director wasn't a man of a very friendly attitude, rather someone who only cared what needed to be done at first hand. And by his appearance tonight Jason wasn't expecting anything good either.
"Mr. Albert."  He began, "Im very much grateful for your hard work and cooperation with the FBI."
"Not at all." said Jason.
"Yes and...." he scratched his forehead his eyes not meeting Jason anymore. "I want you to wrap this up in two days"
And his annoyance was welcomed.
"Two days?" said Jason. "Why?"
"The documents might go out Mr. Albert. We need to retrieve them as soon as possible. And....you dont have to worry this will be rewarded with mo-
"I dont care about money." Jason said. His voice came out stricken with anger he had managed to control. The director was taken aback, his time to feel annoyed.
"We gave you all the details there were. Sorting this out this sooner wont be a problem for you."
It was around this time Jason felt real anger.
He had to.
It was their fault.

"All? What about the accident?"
Silence.
The director seemed confused as he raised his eyebrows in question.
"Ah....that girl!....she was hit by the raiders car, sent to the hospital by my people. I dont see how that has got to do anything with this case."
"Got to do anything!? She had become a victim of this incident, a victim by accident! And you didn't care to take that into account!"
Jason thundered completely ignoring Isaac's stares. He remembered the kids, the old woman.
The longing in their eyes. 

"Mr. Albert I dont think anger would do any good. Im sure she might have already reached her home by now."
"She didn't!" he roared again, his senses blocking away Isaacs glares. "People had been looking for her! Her friends! Her family!"
Silence. The director leaned back looking at Jason with a not too pleased look.
He didn't seem to have a response anymore further. Jason got up sending his seat rolling back as he walked to the door.
"You'll have it. Your case solved in two days. He said exiting his office slamming the door behind."

Why would they even care? He thought. When you were too afraid you were going to be destroyed by a new nuclear bomb in just a few days.

"Jason sir...."
He looked down
Wendy, pointing her thumb in an arbitrary direction.
"Miss Aline-
Yes! He had almost forgotten. He needed to tell her. Miss Bretz was found! He had found her.

He ran his vision across the room. She wasn't there.
"Where Wendy?" he said looking back at the child.
"Over there", she corrected. "The one in red", Jason followed the lead
The same corner, the same old desk and chair in the company of a stranger in black, except today there was no black.
Only red.

Jason sped across. No black. She wore red. A red dress coat with maroon buttons. A red hat, one side draping over concealing her forehead the other pinned up with white roses. And what stood out the most, the golden waterfall that came down from underneath the hat falling on her shoulder all the way to the back.
Her hair, her hair that were always hidden under her hat.

He stopped beside the table. She didn't move. Her smile hadn't changed though.
"Miss Aline Rosavelt." She turned her head. The sparkling stones in perfectly shaped sockets, but today there was something different about them.
Jason took the seat.
"I-....I found her."
He waited, expecting to see a change in expressions or a reaction even a little.
Nothing.
"Miss Lina Bretz had been in an accident. She was on her way back from work when she was hit by a car, taken to a hospital immediately."
He felt as if he was more excited than she could have been. Or she was only good at hiding feeling.

"Im glad Mr. Albert. You found her."
"Yes, everything's going to be alright, I think you can meet her tomorrow. I'll visit the hospital on my way back."
"Yes, her family should know."
"They will." said Jason. "They will soon. I will arrange for that."
She didn't say anything further but Jason guessed she would be as happy.
He studied her carefully. She seemed different, not only in her appearance but something else as well, a lively change.

"You seem different today." Should I be asking?
"I guess, Im happy. Shouldn't I be?"
"Yes of course. You should be, very much."
Exactly. Happy, she suddenly seemed happy.

She got up. "I shall take my leave."
And she turned towards the exit when Jason stood up.
"I think you should be informed soon. Keep my contact. I'll call you. You can come to the hospital as soon as possible."
"Mr. Albert." she spoke without turning back.
"I'll come myself, for what is mine. I should."
With that said she walked over to the entrance and left. 
He stood there frozen. Her words weighed so much and he couldn't tell why. Perfectly rehearsed phrases, he thought he had heard someone speak through a recorder or had seen an act out of a play.
But of course, it was what she always did.
The human doll lady.