Part 12

Jason got out of his car and crossed the road hurrying inside the hospital. He could wait no more. Almost excited he was. The kids will see their precious guardian again. Miss Bretz will go home now. Back to her family who desperately waited for her return.
The nurse was absent from the counter and Jason had to wait. Half an hour passed and she returned as Jason hurried over to the counter.

"Um Good evening. .....I came earlier-
"Ah yes." she seemed to recall. "I have something for you."
She searched the drawer and took out a card which Jason guessed was an ID card.
"The woman we had in our hospital the other day, we were unable to reach to anyone who might know her." She held out the ID card. "We only found this in her clothes but the address seems to belong to someone else."

Jason took the card and the next what she said with what he saw on the card came crashing at him like violent waves that dared to carry him away until he drowned to the very depths.
"I'm sorry to announce but she passed away, during surgery."
The ID which read

Miss Aline Rosavelt Bretz
The picture with golden Hair and shining blue eyes.

He felt the ground give away. He was falling, drowning. The waves wouldn't stop anymore

"Someone very close to me............"
.......Lina.

He looked at the fancy signature. Three letters, he made out the L with an I and probably n
Lina.....Aline....a nickname for Aline.
Rosavelt, a female given name, an independent name
Aline Rosavelt Bretz

He couldn't breathe. As if someone had sucked away all the air from around him. There was no ground. No roof no nothing. He felt nothing. He heard nothing. He was trembling afraid he would fall any minute.

"Sir? Are you alright?"
Her worried voice cut in through as he shot his head up his eyes wide and round with confusion. Sweat rolled down his temples.
"Are you sure? Was this the person?" His voice trembled. He couldnt hear himself anymore.
"Y-yes. She looked exactly like the lady in the picture. said the nurse. She was wearing a red coat that day. A hat was also found with her, a hat with white roses."
He couldn't dare to take another step but he did.
He ran.
He ran towards the door throwing himself at it.

........"I know everyone Lina does......."

He ran out all the way across the street.
This wasn't true. There had to be a mistake.
The way she spoke saying nothing in particular, the way she never showed any expressions, the way her smile never wavered.

"Do you live here?" His mind seemed to recall their meet.
"I used to."
"You moved away, where?"
"In Elvin Bells temporarily then perhaps far...........

Far.

He reached the telegraph pole; beside where his car was parked, steadying himself against it and fetched for his phone with his trembling hands as he dialed in.
His was shaking, his heart thumbing violently against his chest.
Someone picked up after a few beeps.

"Jason sir?"
"Wendy! Miss Aline. She came to the station today-
"Miss who?" said the girl.
"Miss Aline Rosavelt, Wendy! You know her. You were one who informed me about her arrival. The lady who wore black, she wore red today! She gave you note when she came the first day"
"Sir...." the child was confused...."I do not know anyone by that name. We had no such lady at our station."
Why was this happening?
"Recall Wendy! You came to my office yesterday to talk about her. I told you I was helping her find her friend!"
"I- I didnt come to your office. I'm sorry sir this is the first time I'm hearing of this name."
"Wendy-
He stopped, sliding his phone away from his ear.
It was no use.
It was only obvious.

"Do you think the kids or that woman will acknowledge me?"

Of course they wouldn't have! You were gone! Gone forever!

His body seemed to give away. He could hold on no longer as he put his head against the pole.
A perfect smile that never changed,
The tone that was always the same,
The one who always wore black had worm red that day.

"Ill come myself for what is mine."

The words rang in his mind, like bells. Over and over again, blocking any sound reaching to him. Everything seemed to darken as they went on and carried him away.