Chapter 21

*Jenifer's pov*

Me:"How is he?" I asked Max as he walked out of the room they put Luke to heal in.

Max:"He's sleeping. He needs the rest. I bet he will be back to normal by tomorrow." He sat down next to me.

Me:"Okay...now can one of you tell me what the fuck just happened?" I looked at the boys who had their heads down.

Me:"Max?" I looked at him.

Max:"Okay...um....I..we." he sighed shaking his head.

Max:"We used to be a gang." He simply said.

Me:"And?"

Max:"They still are its just I stepped out. Lucas is the leader and I used to be second in command but now it's Jake."

Me:"For how long?"

Max:"I joined when I was 16 and stepped out when I was 19."

Me:"So two years ago? When dad...dad died?"

Max:"Yeah that's half the reason I stepped out. I thought he died because one of out enemies wanted to take us down but instead hurt my family so I stepped out to keep you and mom safe."

Me:"Did you know that dad was in a gang too?"

Max:"No." He looked down.

Me:"Did you...did you k-kill?"

Max:"Err....look." he turned to me and wiped the remaining tears on my ckeeks and I noticed that the guys left to give us some privacy.

Max:"You know I would never kill people just for fun. We are not bad people it's like we are...good and helping criminals if it make sence. Anyways I only killed the bad guys that wanted to hurt us. Okay? Please don't think of me differently and especially don't think of me as I bad guy. I'm still the old Max your big brother who loves you more than anything okay?" I nodded and hugged him tight.

Me:"Thank you for saving me Max. I love you." I cried into his chest.

Max:"Anytime. I love you too." I squeezed him then let go.

Me:"Are you going to join the gang again?"

Max:"I don't know..I mean I don't know if Luke will take me back in and what do you think?"

Me:"It's your choice Max. Even though it will not be the best choice you will make in your life but still. If it will make you happy then I'm okay with it. The guys are really nice and trustworthy. Now it's just up to you." I smiled which he returned.

Max:"You better talk to Justin and explain to him because I bet he's going crazy right now." He chuckled causing me to smile.

Me:"I probably should. I have a lot of explaining to do." I stood up.

Max:"Good luck." He showed me a thumbs up.

Me:"I will need it." I shook my head and walked out the living room and up the stairs where Justin's room is.

I took in a deep breath and gently knocked on the door.

Justin:"Who is it?" I heard his tired voice call out.

Me:"Justin it's me."

It felt like long minutes had past waiting for his response but it was only a few seconds.

Justin:"Come in." As he said that I slowly opened the door stepping inside before closing it behind me but I didn't move from there. I just stood there staring at Justin who was sitting at the edge of the bed looking at the ground.