Soup and Secret Messages

Jungwoo sighed contentedly. The sun was bright and shining and not a cloud was in sight. He let the warm rays of liquid gold roll over him as he threw an arm over his eyes, taking a well deserved nap.

Mr Reins, the gym teacher hadn't showed up to the lesson for some reason or another, and so the class was free to do whatever they pleased. And for Jungwoo, he chose to take a nap.

Ten, Sicheng and Doyoung had run off somewhere to play truth or dare, and Taeyong was surely hidden off in a corner with Jaehyun. The basketball team congregated on the court, playing a mini match, and other unimportant people did other unimportant things.

Suddenly, a voice pulled Jungwoo out of his relaxation.

"Are you sleeping?"

Jungwoo sat up to see Yukhei. He squinted to avoid the glare of the sun. With his back to the sun, so it shone around him in golden rays, Yukhei looked something like a God. But you didn't hear that from Jungwoo.

"Well I was trying to," he replied. Yukhei nodded.

"Can I sit here?"

"I can't stop you," Jungwoo shuffled along, making room for Yukhei on his warm patch of grass. Everywhere else on the bank was shaded by trees - this was Jungwoo's lucky spot.

For a while the two sat in silence. Awkwardness slowly bled over them, causing Jungwoo to twiddle his thumbs aimlessly as he waited for Yukhei to leave.

Is he going to say something or...?

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for how I acted this morning. I guess I was really..."

"Disgusted? Angry? Nauseated?" Jungwoo offered.

"Well I guess I was angry. But not at you. More at the Universe, really."

Jungwoo nodded.

"I can relate. So is that all you wanted to say?"

"Err no. I wanted to ask what you wanted to do about this. I know that we're going to tell Taeyong and Jaehyun, but I don't know...I don't think that will help much. Soulmates are supposed to be together, but we don't want to be together, and I don't think they'll understand that," the younger mumbled, running his hands through his caramel-coloured hair.

"I understand. Maybe we should just...like...stay away from each other. Taeyong and Jaehyun will expect us to be madly in love, but that's not going to happen, so maybe we should just ignore each other and see if the soulmarks go away," Jungwoo muttered thoughtfully, more to himself than Yukhei.

"Yeah, I guess we can try doing that,"

The two were enveloped in silence once again. Jungwoo laid back down on the grass, grinning happily in the sunlight.

Out of nowhere, he felt a hand on his wrist, right over the place where his soulmark was. A tingle flushed up his arm, so strong that Jungwoo gasped out loud, yanking his arm back.

"O-oh I'm s-sorry. I-I just wanted to s-see what happened if I t-touched it," Yukhei said quietly, not meeting Jungwoo in the eye.

"Wong Yukhei get your ass over here!" Yuta shouted from the basketball court.

"I've got to go," with that, the younger jumped up, running away.

Jungwoo grazed his fingers over his soulmark lightly, in the exact place Yukhei had touched him. It sent a warm feeling through him - even warmer than the shining sun.

"What were you doing with Yukhei?"

Jungwoo turned to his right to see Doyoung leaning against a tree, his right eyebrow raised.