Rosemary and Reciting

WARNING - Character death (minor (they only get introduced this chapter and they're already dead)), and SUICIDE. Please be careful, I don't want anyone getting triggered :(

~~~

"I thought we agreed that we were going to ignore each other?" Jungwoo asked as he stepped into the green sports shed. 

It smelt like sweat and mud and dirt - just as it had that morning.

"I know, but I took a shower after gym and the foundation came off," Yukhei said sheepishly, showing Jungwoo his revealed soulmark.

Jungwoo sighed, taking his black makeup bag out of his backpack. He pulled out the small glass bottle, squirting it onto his hand.

He reached for Yukhei's wrist, holding it to keep it still as he applied the liquid.

Yukhei gasped as a flurry of electric shocks burst inside of him.

"What? Are you okay? Did I hurt you," Jungwoo stepped back, concerned.

"No, no...just...err...just carry on," Yukhei muttered. The elder nodded, continuing to spread the mixture over Yukhei's tanned skin.

Every touch from Jungwoo's fingers sent Yukhei shuddering, as if he'd been electrified. Heat rose in his face, turning his cheeks and ears red. He felt his heart pump faster, his lungs sucking in oxygen like a vacuum.

Relax Yukhei, don't panic. In, out, in, out, just breathe like a normal person.

"Are you okay? You look really red," Jungwoo murmured, reaching up to place the back of his hand against Yukhei's forehead.

"You feel really hot. And you're sweating a lot, too. I think you have a fever," Jungwoo furrowed his eyebrows. "Hmm...let's see."

Without warning, Jungwoo swooped into Yukhei, pressing their foreheads together to compare the temperatures. Yukhei pushed the elder away, causing him to trip over a basketball and land on his back.

"Oh God I'm s-sorry! I-I should g-go," Yukhei stuttered, racing out of the shed.

When he finally came to a stop, he pressed his hand against his chest, feeling the rapid throb of his heart.

Goddammit, Yukhei. Keep your heart in check.

~~~

"How was you day?" Jungwoo asked as Taeho strolled through the front door, his shoulder slumped.

"Difficult," groaned the elder, throwing his coat to the floor before collapsing onto the sofa in a heap.

"Aww baby," Jungwoo whispered, grabbing his boyfriend's face in his hands and peppering him in kisses. His forehead, his eyelids, his cheeks, his nose, his lips, his chin, Jungwoo kissed him all over.

Taeho wrapped his arms around the smaller, lifting him onto his lap. 

"I love you, Jungwoo," he murmured, pressing a firm kiss onto his lips. Jungwoo wrapped his arms around Taeho's neck, pulling them closer together.

"I love you too,"

~~~

Yukhei was playing Call of Duty when he felt a sudden pang in his chest, as if he had been stabbed.

He slipped out of his gaming chair, the controller bouncing across the pristine carpet and coming to a halt.

He watched sadly as he saw his player get shot and crumple to the ground.

"What happened, dude, we almost won!" he heard Johnny groan through his head set.

"Err...sorry. I slipped and fell off my chair. It won't happen again."