chapter 17

| screaming |

************

"breakfast is ready, miss coleman."marvin, the butler said, knocking on riley's door lightly, for the third time this morning.

"i'll be down when i want to. don't come back and tell me it's ready for the fourth time, okay? it's really annoying." riley snapped, but she knew she wouldn't be heading downstairs at all. especially to eat something. riley couldn't do that.

ever since last night, riley has had mood swings. she wanted to kill herself.

she regretted saying that luke had never changed, because somewhere inside of her, she knew he actually had. but he just wasn't showing her that he has. riley hated herself. a small part of her thought she hated luke, but she knew she had to give him another chance to prove riley wrong about his ways.

--

luke woke up on the floor, his arm stinging. he sat up and looked around, and as he noticed the features of the house, he instantly remembered what happened, though he wished he hadn't.

luke decided to stay away from riley on this beautiful saturday. she probably didn't even want to see luke anyway, so why not make it easy?

luke stumbled to his feet, and dragged himself into the kitchen. he made himself a small bowl of cereal and thought about riley with every bite he took.

"is she eating?

does she even want to see me?

i hope she's doing okay.

should i go and see her?"

all of these thoughts raced through his mind. he didn't know what to do.

he love riley, he was just scared. scared of what she'll say. scared of how sshe'll react.

he remembered the kiss, and hi remembering it made him think of himself as a total idiot. why would he kiss her when he could've just spoke? that was an awful move on his part, and he wished that he could just take the whole night away.

part of him wished he never knew who she was, regardless of how beautiful she was and how much joy she brought into luke's life.

--

4 HOURS LATER - 12:03 pm

--

riley sat in her bathtub. it was empty. she just sat there naked, staring at her feet.

riley could have turned on the water, drowned herself, and gotten everything over with, but she didn't. the thought of never being able to see luke again stopped her. but he probably didn't even want to see her anyways.

"riley, honey?" rileys mom's voice suddenly said.

"i-i'm in the bath." riley said.

"okay, well when you get out, your father and i need to tell you something important." she sighed.

riley was motionless, and she could feel what was coming.

--

"what?" riley said. " i don't need help! i'm fine!" riley screamed.

"riley you need help!" mrs. coleman screamed back, tears stinging her eyes.

"i'm not going!" riley cried. "no! you can't make me!"

"riley, it's for the best. we're worried about you." mr. coleman sighed.

"then don't worry about me!" she screamed. "i don't need help!"

"you need help!"

"I don't need any mother fucking help!" riley screamed, tugging at her hair, not realizing that she had just cursed.

"watch your language, young lady!" mr. coleman spat.

"you both need to fucking chill, and i hope you both rot in hell." riley spat wiping the tears off of her face, storming out of the house.

riley's parents told her that she needed to be checked into a rehab, and get a therapist. riley wouldn't go. she couldn't go.

riley needed luke.

--