Movie Night Madness

"Here get the popcorn and only get one drink so it looks like we're in love. Also grab me a bag of those chips." Westly commanded me shoving bills of money into my hand and turning me towards the concession stand. Um, okay. I watched as he met up with a group of guys I kind of recognized. Some girls were there too. I knew that they were with some of the guys from school. I noticed Westly's friend Shawn and his long term girlfriend CC. I wondered if any of them knew this was fake? After I questioned it I knew that they didn't. In the car Westly specifically said nobody could know other than us. I had never agreed more with him than I did in that moment.

He had prepped me in the car since my mother took up most of our time for talking. He thought it would be best if we just knew certain things about each other. Things that could seem pointless but could also indicate that we talked. I didn't know what kind of relationships talked about what kind of jelly beans you do and don't like but hey, what did I know? This was my first one. Also Westly liked all the gross jelly bean flavors. Like peach, apple and lemon. Just so we're all clear. He also made a point to tell me what songs on the radio he hated and liked. What bands he thought were cool and lame. I wasn't sure when I would have a chance to even use this information. Did he want me to just bring it up? Like hey you know that song you hate? Well I like it. What kind of conversation is that? Not a very good one. His friends would think I'm a loon.

So at the concession stand I decided to make a show, let him know I was listening and serious about whatever this was. So I bought a bag of jelly beans and as quickly as I could while I waited for the rest of my order
I organized them in a pile. Ones that he said he liked and ones that he claimed he didn't. I put all the yes's back in the bag and joined him and his friends. I handed over the bag and took a small satisfaction in the surprise on his face. An he says I never listen.

"What's this?" He asked me. I shrugged and pulled out all the other jelly beans from my pocket.

"All your favorite flavors in one bag." I tell him. I see the understanding in his eyes and before I knew it he bent down and kissed me. Right in front of all his friends. I felt a little embarrassed but pretended I wasn't. It was just a quick kiss but it still felt so weird. I wasn't sure if I could get used to kissing him. I saw one of his friends, Theo Langston, give me a smile.

"She's very thoughtful. You're lucky she pays attention." Theo told Wes. Westly never took his eyes off me when he responded.

"Yes, I am." He was a really good actor. Hey, if the animals didn't work out he still had career options. Broadway was calling for him. Not to mention he had the look. That dreamy boyish charm but yet still bad that all the young girls would swoon over.

"New love is in the air." A girl said from beside us. She didn't say it unkindly, but it wasn't as friendly as one would think. I glanced over to look at her. Her dark brown eyes bored into my face. I could literally feel every part her eyes traced. I fought the urge to blush. This girl was beautiful, and I didn't recognize her at all. With her long bleach blond hair and sun kissed skin. Her tiny frame and chocolate brown eyes. I felt ugly standing next to her. Kind of a little fat too. I was no where near as skinny as her, and originally I thought I had nice hair, but now it seemed dual and lifeless. I didn't say anything as Westly tightened his hold around me and continued talking. He was completely unaware of the show down that was going on. I felt weird.

"Renley I'm sure you know Theo, and Shawn and his girlfriend CC." Westly urged me to say something. I pulled my eyes from the blond and focused my attention on the few that I did indeed know.

"Yeah I recognized you guys from school. I'm Renley Samson." I introduced. Theo nodded and shook my hand. I remembered that I always liked Theo. He was always nice, and great at sports. Everybody loved him. He was built big like a line backer, but he was probably as gentle as they come. Theo was pretty cute too, I was surprised he didn't have a girlfriend. With his dark smooth skin and short cropped hair, his muscular body, but yet soft brown eyes. They were light,
Unlike the blond over here. Hers were dark.