~Chapter 1~ Alexander

Laf's POV.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sat in the dark and cold empty room. Boredom and sadness eating away at me as I lay on the uncomfortable and hard bed, staring at the ceiling like at any moment something exciting would just happen if I happened to stare at it long enough.

Then the door suddenly creaked open drawing my attention towards the figure of a 11-year-old Alexander Hamilton. He looks small and frail and he looks cold. Anyone could tell this because he was shivering and hugging himself, trying desperately to make any warmth.

Good luck trying to get warm I thought. "hey. Wanna lay with me?" I ask. My voice sounds quiet and calm much to my surprise. I was expecting it to be weak and shaky.

Alex looks up at me and smiles. He nods and quickly runs to me and climbs onto my bed, rushing to cuddle into my chest. I giggle at how small he is compared to me. Then again I am a year older than him.
"Laffy I'm cold and the other kids were making fun of me a-again" he tears up at the last part.

"again?" I ask. This was normal for the carribian. The other orphans made fun of him just to find a source of entertainment. Its almost sickening what these kids will do on a cold winters day when the TV is off.
He nods and wraps his arms around me.

"It'll be okay Alex. I'm here." I wrap my arms around him trying to find a way to comfort him. It seems to work because he stops shaking and trembling as much as before.
"d-do you think we'll ever get adopted?"

The question made me tense up. No Alex. You will be adopted. No one wants me. I was tempted to say it but I didn't and couldn't say that to him. "yes of course Lexi! We just have to be patient" the words came out naturally. I was a good lier. I did it so often it seemed like I could lie and get away with robbing a bank.

Alexander wasn't convinced by my answer. "but the other kids said no one wants an ugly orphan like me" he said. I took a deep breath and stroked his hair. "they are liars Alexander. Don't listen to them. That's not true at all."

The smaller nodded. "you're right... Just you wait for world! I'm going to be the best person you've seen! Just you wait!" I smiled. He has this amazing ability to change his attitude and emotions quickly. His sadness just seemed to melt away as he became the confident Hamilton I knew and loved. He was like a younger brother to me. He was the reason I get out of bed.

Without Alexander in my life, I would have no one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, everyone, this is my first book and I can't write anything so cut me some slack I know its bad but I promise it'll get better in the next chapters! And also, I'll be updating this book regularly because I have no social life outside this phone 😅
So anyway, I hope you like and enjoy my book and if you don't well I'm sorry I can't write
Biiiiii

~soph 😘