{ six }

**One Month Later**

Ember laughed as Noah told her a joke. She hugged him and rested her head on his chest. They were sitting on a hill overlooking the sunset.

She sighed into his arms as Noah stroked her head. Ember's leg and arm were healed and she finally felt at peace.

To punish herself, she never turned into Spectrum since that day. Ember closed her eyes and gulped. She moved away from Noah and sighed sadly.

"Are you okay Em?" He asked Ember.

"Yea I'm fine.." She replied sadly.

Noah sighed and caressed Ember's cheek. Ember let out a silent tear as Noah wiped it away with his thumb.

Later that night, she had another night terror. Ever since that night in the hospital, she kept having night terrors about Ivy dying and Noah was always there to help her and comfort her.

Ember abruptly woke up in the middle of the night, in a cold sweat, hearing a familiar roar.
She'd recognize that roar anywhere.

"Vapor?!" She whispered to herself. Noah was snoring right next to her and she got up slowly, trying not to disturb his beauty sleep.

Ember crawled out of the tent and stepped in the cold, prickly grass. She was living in a meadow with a calming gushing stream nearby.

She breathed in the breeze that made the leaves swirl in a tornado. As the grass waved in the wind, she heard the roar again. Ember shuddered and gasped in fear as she saw the monster again.

"Oh no... no no no!" Ember said to herself as she ran away.

Vapor caught her scent and landed right in front of her. She whimpered insanely as the monster roared. Out of nowhere, Aurora snarled and got in front of Ember. She growled as she spread out her wing, covering her.

Ember shook uncontrollably and sobbed as tears streamed down her face. Noah ran out of the tent and saw them; he jumped onto Aurora and told Ember to get back into the tent. She nodded and bolted away.

The disturbing images came back, the never-ending sinking pain at her heart. She cried as she relived the monster breaking her bones. Ember snapped out of it when she heard Noah's scream.

She protruded out of the tent to see Aurora and Noah on the ground with deep bleeding scratches.

Ember screamed, "NOOOOOO!"

The monster chuckled and saw Ember. She sobbed in fear and went back into the tent.

Please... stay strong, your friends need you.

She thought to herself as she heard Noah's cries. Ember started to turn, every bone in her body breaks as she wailed in pain. She shrieked at the last crack of the bone and Ember turned into Spectrum. Spectrum roared as she tore apart the tent.

The monster blew a mountain of ice at Noah and Aurora and Spectrum flew in and blocked it at the last second. Spectrum crashed into the ground as the ice grew on her. She was stuck to the ground, trapped and the monster opened his claw.

Within seconds, he was going to kill her.

Spectrum instantly felt freezing piercing ice onto her scales. She roared in pain as frostbite burned at her. Aurora roared and pulled Vapor away. Vapor snarled and bit at her neck. He choked her and Aurora blacked out. Vapor dropped her to the ground as Noah cried. He sobbed at his dragon's side.

Vapor came back over to Spectrum and she roared weakly. Vapor blew ice onto her again and Spectrum wailed in pain.

Finally, at one last ice blast, frostbite overwhelmed her and life flashed away before her eyes.