{ fourteen }

Spectrum woke up in a very dark and cold, unfamiliar place. She groaned in pain and sat up. Suddenly she heard voices and footsteps arriving into the darkness.

They flipped a switch and the lanterns above light up. She realizes that she's chained up again. She looks around as her family is chained up as well. Emily had turned back into Sapphire and Sapphire laid on the ground, she sighed sadly.

Zedd bared his teeth and growled as the two guys walked by. Harper had her back facing us. She held her head down in defeat. Spectrum frowned and looked at the guys.

She recognized one and growled. Her eyes widened as she saw it was Ryan talking to another guy. He had long black hair and looked very creepy.

He had a scar going across from his eye to his cheek. And burn marks on his other cheek. Spectrum growled ferociously as Ryan walked up to her.

"Oh.." He chuckled, "How I've missed you." He grinned and reached his hand out and Spectrum was about to rip it off when the muzzle over her snout stopped her.

She hated when his hand touched her scales. She heated her scales up and burned Ryan's hand.

"Ahh! Jesus!" Ryan yelled in pain as he shook his hand. He frowned in frustration. "Someday... you will be mine," Ryan said softly as the other guy chuckled.

"Oh god... you're not gonna keep Spectrum." The other guy scoffed annoyed and had his arms crossed. Ryan raised an eyebrow and questioned him.

"Wha-" Ryan said as the other guy cut him off.

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am Tyler Marin," Tyler said strongly. Harper turned her head to her side to see what was going on.

Spectrum listened as Tyler continued, "I used to be just like you, Ember." He paused as Spectrum felt fear spike at her heart. Chills went up her spine.

"I lived in a wonderful village and I had everything I've ever wanted. I had love, friends, and dragons. When it was the day of my 13th birthday," Tyler chuckled, "I didn't get to shift. My parents told me that I didn't have the gene and the village just cast me out." He paused as pain flickered in his eyes.

"My family stayed inside the village, they saw me as a disgrace. And in doing so, I grew a lot of hatred for stupid dragon shifters. I found a team of men willing to help me capture dragon shifters and make them permanent as humans once and for all. We already created the serum for you to turn back but you seem to understand me. Which looks like you might turn any second now." He smirked as he stepped back.

Her body burned as her bones cracked. She screamed in pain and shifted back into Ember. The men gave her clothing and looked away.

Ember put them on asTyler and Ryan pinned her against the cave wall; they put cuffs on her and she was chained to the wall.

Ember screamed and grunted in frustration. She tossed and turned, scrambled and squirmed trying to get free of the chains. Ryan smirked as Tyler chuckled softly.

Tyler leaned in, he put his hand against the wall next to Ember's head. His nose barely touching hers. He whispered as small gushes of wind blew from his mouth.

"Say goodbye to Spectrum forever, Ember." Tyler grinned devilishly.

Ember grunted, "You'll never get away with this!" She yelled.

"Oh honey, but I just did." Tyler laughed hysterically as his men injected the green serum into Ember's family.

They started shifting back into humans and chained her family. Uncle Mushu groaned and shook his head, his hand gripped his hair.

"Oh... where am I?" He said rasping and noticed Ember and Emily and Aunt Jenna. His eyes widened as he shook the chains.

"Let me go!" He yelled.

"Oh sorry but I can't." Ryan said casually. Tyler looked at him and laughed, he patted at Ryan's shoulder and sighed.

"Whoo! This is truly something." Tyler was acting giddy for his plan has finally worked.

Ember heard chains rattling next to her. Ember looked over to the darkest space in the room. The broken lamp above finally lit up and she saw a boy with white icy hair.

He sat there on the ground and frowned. He looked like he was lost in a trance, staring out into the nothingness. His eyes fierce with deep, heavy thinking.

"Who are you?" Ember questioned the mysterious boy.

"I'm Vapor.. well uh I was, now I'm Jack," Jack responded. Ember dropped her jaw to the ground in surprise as he explained.

"I am a dragon shifter, just like you and suddenly one day I couldn't turn back. I stayed as Vapor for 20 years and forgot everything about myself and just became known as a dragon, Vapor." He told her and she was shocked. Ember couldn't believe his words.

"Wow... I've heard rumors of dragon shifters who shifted into dragons and could never turn back." Ember chuckled softly, "I'd never guess in a million years that you used to be human." Ember grinned jokingly which made Jack grin too.

"You guys don't deserve to be dragon shifters." Tyler spat.

Ember rolled her eyes and looked away. Ryan smiled deviously. Ember shook her head and scoffed.

"That's never gonna happen..." Ember said quietly to herself.

Aurora and Noah will get us out of here.

Hopefully...