Chapter 9:

"So Amy, how is it going with Peter?" I began our conversation. I didn't like Peter but she really seemed to want this to be long-term, unlike her previous relationships. I have never been in a relationship which has been a little embarrassing at times compared to others but I'm fine, plus I'm hoping something happens between Samuel and me.

      "It's fine," She answered," We haven't hung out as much lately so I'm wondering if he has an eye on another girl or something."

      "Sorry to hear that, Amy. I know you really like him. I think you can do better anyway."

      "He's not as bad as people think," Amy defended him. "I heard he started going to church but he hasn't told me much about it."

      "What!?" I said with amazed confusion. "He's always been such a jerk though."

      "Well, he's changed a lot these past couple years. I never thought I would ever want to date him but he's actually pretty sweet. He's kind of a gushy gentleman as well." Amy laughed. "When we go out he's always treating like they did back then with lots of chivalry."

      "Hee hee," I giggled. "I would've never thought he was like that!"

      "I know right!"

      "Remember how I told you that Samuel and I are just friends?"

      "Yeah?" She said with a twinkle glimmering in her eyes.

      "Well, I hope it becomes more than that. It feels like it's more already but we haven't talked about it or expressed our feelings or anything."

       She moved her eyebrows up and down at me in a suggestive way. "That's awesome! I totally ship you two!"

      "Please don't make this awkward, I really like him," I pleaded. Amy can be a bit loud-mouthed when it comes to relationships so I really hope she doesn't gossip about my feelings to the whole school. I do trust her though.

      "So, you want to watch a movie or something?"

      "Not really."

      "Me either." She sighed. "How about we start to discuss what we want to wear for the Prom coming up?"

      "Omg! I saw this exquisite dress the other day," I enthusiastically started talking."It's a light blue-ish color, off shoulder mid-calf length, and totally perfect dress. I am saving for it, I can't believe we haven't discussed prom yet!"

      "I know right!" Amy said that a lot. "I already bought mine; wanna see it?" She went to her closet and pulled out this strapless, burgundy, satin dress that was just above knee-length. It was perfect for her.

      "Wow! It's beautiful," I looked at it for a while imagining what prom would be like. My school had a prom every year and combined the Seniors and Juniors together because my school wasn't very large. Amy had already been to one last year and being a Senior this would be her last one and my first being a Junior. Prom was only a month away and people were already starting to get dates. I hope Samuel and I get to go together.

      "Peter hasn't asked me to prom yet but I'm sure he will unless we break up or something."

      "I really hope to go with Samuel," I said dreamily.

      "I haven't seen him with any other girls except for you so I'm guessing your chances are pretty high," she said with confidence that boosted my hopes.

      "Amy, I sure will miss you when you graduate and leave for college."

      "I will miss you too!" she said in a squeaky voice, her emotions rising. "It's sad we can't be Seniors together."