Epilogue:

The days passed, and soon the excitement died down. People stopped asking me how scared I had been, and I pretty much forgot.

Things were so much better now. I went with my family on Sunday to church. Samuel had a new car and we went to youth group together.

Things were so great, that I hardly had the time to look forward to prom, and then it was suddenly here. The big weekend. Getting ready turned into a party of its own. The whole day before was dedicated to making everything perfect because Amy absolutely insisted it be like that. She talked and talked and talked about how this was such a big night and everything had to be just so. I didn't exactly feel like putting a damper on her high spirits, so I just went along with it.

I would have rather there not been such a huge fuss, but I laughingly agreed to get our nails done, and then our hair, and then finally going to Amy's house to get our dresses on. Amy talked constantly, as she often did when she got this excited.

Makeup was the final shebang, and Amy spent more than an hour in front of the mirror with a huge bag of makeup in front of her before she finally finished and was able to start on me. She picked her brightest shade of lipstick and made me up like a supermodel.

We spent the last few minutes before heading out just chilling on the couch. We ate a few snacks so we wouldn't get too hungry while we were there, and then Amy disappeared to get her bag.

I slipped into the bathroom and adjusted my makeup. I didn't need to look so dolled up. I liked to keep it simple.

Amy was outraged for all of two minutes when there was a knock at the door. Both Peter and Samuel stood there holding out corsages with childish grins on there faces as they took our arms and led us to a limo they had secretly rented for our ride to prom. Amy squealing with delight took Peters arm and hopped into the limo like a child in a candy shop. I took Samuels arm and we made our way to the limo and I knew in my heart he was truly the one. There was no one I would rather spend my life with other than him. I was still very young but this relationship was so real and important to me and I felt it was also important to God.

I didn't know what the future held for me but I knew it would be different than the everyday American dream lifestyle and that it would include Samuel.