CHAPTER 29

"Jules? Where are you?"

"Sir sir. Excuse me? What is happening?" Thirdy asked the police.

But a few meters away, inside the cell, they saw Prince, Ricci, and Billie--worry evident in their faces.

"Guys, what happened?" Bea asked.

She roamed her eyes around.

That's when it hit her.

"Uh-"

"Where's Brent?" Her voice slowly rising.

"He w-was rushed to the hospital." Prince's voice was shaking.

Thirdy and Bea glanced at each other, both knowing what to do.

"Let's go."

But before they left the prison, Ricci called them.

"Please take care of him."

-----

"Dengue. We highly recommend that he will be confined here at the hospital for a week." The doctor said.

They all just nodded slowly as the doctor left.

"He'll be fine, Jules." Bea patted the latter's back.

"Si Brent pa? Dengue will just be a piece of cake for him." Jigs enthusiastically said.

Jules just sadly smiled as she looked at Brent--weakly lying on the hospital bed with a pale face.

"Alam mo Jigs, ikaw lang ang sobrang saya dito." Thirdy rolled his eyes.

"Come on, bro. I just want to make you and others happy!" Jigs said.

"This will make you guys happier."

Their attention was caught when Marco entered the room, carrying gallons of ice cream.

"Nice Marco Sario" Jigs clapped his hands and took the cookies and cream flavor.

"Jigs! That's for Bei! I only brought ice cream for the four of us." Marco grabbed the ice cream from Jigs.

"Mang-aagaw." Bea rolled her eyes.

"You and Thirdy really want to roll your eyes at me 'no?" Jigs pouted.

"Jigs, di bagay." Thirdy laughed.

"Oo na. Kayo na ni Bea ang bagay. Pati kayo, Jules at Marco. Sige na, kayo na." Jigs walked out of the room.

"Ayun." Jules chuckled.

"Ayun, happy ka na ulit." Marco smiled. "Basta pagkain talaga."

"Babe, wala nang spoon." Thirdy looked at Bea.

"So what do you want me to do, then? Subuan kita?" Bea said sarcastically.

"Pwede naman. Pero kung ayaw mo, okay lang. Di kita pinipilit." Thirdy smiled sadly.

"Magsama kayo ni Jigs, ewan ko sayo."

And right on cue, Jigs entered the room again.

"Oh? Kala ko lumayas ka na." Marco teased.

"Grabe ka naman Sars. Di pwede magdrama sa buhay?" Jigs asked. "Ay, di mo na pala kailangan magdrama. May nagpapasaya na pala sayo eh."

They all just looked at Jigs who sat at the corner of the room, playing with his phone.

"Uy Jigs. Sayo na itong cookies and cream. Share nalang kami ni Thirds." Bea handed the half-eaten ice cream.

"Yes! Effective pag-drama ko!" Jigs jumped around.