14.

Emery's POV
I walked into the nursery and smiled.
"Do you like it baby"
"I love it Ashy..this lemon sheet is so cute"
"Yeah my mom went crazy for sure"
"Yeah but it's okay I'm happy we don't have to really going shopping anymore"
"Well at least not for big stuff"
"Right"I looked to see the dresser was half full.I pulled out my phone and started making a list of much we had of everything and somethings we should still get.
"Why don't you and Brittany take Max with you when you go shopping take your mind of it and his"
"Okay"I invited them both and Max hesitated until I told him we needed a guard.I was getting ready and Brittany came into our bathroom.
"Want me to help you get ready"
"You'd do that"
"Of course"
"Okay can you do like the half up and half down look I can't get my bun to stay put"
"Of course"She tied half my hair up in a sleek bun and I thanked her.
"Your welcome..what about makeup"
"I'm just gonna put a little on will you pick me out a loose dress"
"Sure id love too"
"Shoes too preferably sandals or something"
"Sounds good"
"Baby give me a kiss I have to go to treaty signings you have fun shopping okay"
"Okay I love you"We kissed softly and I smiled softly when we pulled away slowly.
"I love you baby..link me if you need anything"
"Of course"His hand pressed against my stomach softly and the baby kicked.
That was a strong one he murmured and I nodded as I sucked in a sharp breath.
The baby has been kicking like that a lot lately I whispered.
"Are you okay"
I think so I whispered and his eyes flashed with worry.
"Why don't we have a quick scan"
Okay I whimpered.He picked me up and carried me to the pack doctor.He set me on the exam table and they did an ultrasound.I waited for the heartbeat of our baby but heard nothing.
"Alpha Luna I'm so sorry"
No I whimpered.
Sh baby sh it's okay Asher whispered as he pulled me to his chest.I sobbed uncontrollably now unable to control them.I couldn't believe we lost the baby.
"Luna I'm sorry to interrupt but you either need to push the baby out or have a c section so we can remove it"
I want my baby I cried.
"Sh baby sh..just some time please doctor"
"Of course Alpha"Asher pulled me onto his lap and I looked into his eyes to see tears silently pouring down.
Ashy I'm so sorry I cried.
It's not your fault baby I promise he whispered and held me close.
Oh Ashy everything was going to be perfect I hiccuped and Asher rubbed my back.
I know baby I know he mumbled rocking me back and forth slowly.
**
Asher's POV
"Emery baby I brought you some dinner"She ignored me and I set the plate on her nightstand.
"Come on baby I know your sad but you still need to eat"
What's the point she whispered.
"To keep yourself alive baby"
I can't even give you a baby let alone make you happy now how can you even love me she cried.
Hey I wouldn't never stop loving you even if we can't have children.The doctors said it was no one's fault Emery no one could of prevented this.I'm sad too believe me but when we do decide to start trying again we will be ready for anything we know the signs to look for I murmured and she wiped her eyes.
I'm not hungry she whispered looking away from the meal I had brought her.
"Are you sure it is your favorite..Garlic rosemary chicken with green beans and cheese risotto"
"Asher I know what your doing"
"Do you"
"Yes your trying to coax me and it's not working so just stop"She hid under our blanket and I sighed.
"Fine don't eat then"She whimpered and I sat her up.
"Yeah you don't like when I play hard ball do you"
No she whimpered as I set the plate on her lap.
"Eat you need something in your stomach baby"
"Fine"She sulked but still ate her dinner.
Thank you I murmured and she handed me her half full plate.
"A little more please"
"Ashy"
"Please for me"She nodded slowly and finished off her last couple bites of chicken and the beans.
"Thank you"
"Can we take a bath tonight"
"Of course we can baby"
"Good"
**
I sat in the hot water by myself.I stayed quiet as I waited for Asher.I could hear his voice traveling from his office.I pressed my finger gently on the water making ripples.I sighed and drained the tub my fingers pruning and I tied my robe.I tied up my hair in a messy bun and slipped into my sweats and a baggy T-shirt climbing into bed and falling asleep.
**
Asher's POV
Baby I'm ready I'm sorry it took so lon- I froze in my tracks when I seen she was asleep curled into the fetal position.I frowned when I seen her hair was a little damp which meant she got bored waiting for me.
Ashy she mumbled as I sat next to her.
"Yeah baby"I turned to see her eyelids barley open.
"I love you"
"I love you too baby I'm sorry we didn't take a bath together"
"It's okay"
"I'm gonna shower real quick and I'll be right back"
"Okay Ashy"I showered quickly and like promised climbed in next to her and she cuddled into me.
"Goodnight baby"
Goodnight Ashy she whimpered.