10

Emery's POV
I kissed Asher's cheek as I walked onto the training field.
Your late he mumbled.
I was puking I mumbled and he looked at me.
"Are you okay"
"Just think it was something I ate"
"Why don't you sit out today then"I nodded and rested my head back against his chest as he kissed my forehead.I smiled softly and he looked down at me as he cupped my stomach.
'Do you think your pregnant'
'I have my period Ashy'
'Your not late or anything'
'No'He frowned slightly and I kissed his lips softly.
'With time Ashy'He only nodded in response pairing Brittany against Tiffany.Tiffany rolled her eyes at me and Asher tensed.Tiffany shrunk back and I noticed Asher's eyes were black and he was concentrating hard telling me Ryker was linking with someone.Tiffany snarled and I closed my eyes and in a split second everything went black.
**
Emery baby please wake up please Asher mumbled into my neck.He was sniffling and my heart broke at the sound.
Ashy I whispered my throat cracking.
Oh baby your okay I'm right here he mumbled wiping his eyes and hugging me.
"Your awake Luna"
Can I have something to drink I mumbled tugging on Asher's hand.
"Of course baby I'll get you some water"Asher handed me the full glass and I gulped it down handing it back to him for a refill.
"Do you remember what happened"
"No I just remember someone snarling and then I dropped"
"Yeah you did faint but we aren't sure why yet"
"I'll be right back baby okay"
"Where are you going"
"Derek needs me for something quick I'll be 20 minutes"
"But"
"I have to go baby I'm sorry"He kissed my forehead and left the room.
"The results are in from your tests let's take a look shall we"
Okay I murmured and twisted my blanket gently.I couldn't help but worry about my health or Asher's safety.
"We found a trace of silver in your blood it seems"
"How did you find silver it's not in my blood naturally..are you saying someone drugged me basically"
"Yes I'd say that"
"How much silver"
"Enough that you would of been dead by morning if we wouldn't of caught it"I shuddered and heard Asher outside the doorway.He sounded very agitated.
"I'll give you a minute with him Luna"
"Thank you"Asher stormed in his eyes dark and then lightened when they fell to me.
Baby your okay he breathed.
"Uh yeah I was awake when you left Ashy"
"What did the doctor say"
"They found silver in my blood stream someone injected me with it"
What Asher snarled the chair he was in thrown against the steel door.
"Who all has access to our room"
"Jane and us"
"There's no way it was Jane"
"Right"
Who do you think it was I whispered.
"I don't know baby but I'll find out believe me I promise"
Asher what if they try again I whimpered.
"They won't succeed baby I promise they will not lay a hand on you again"
"I think it was Tiffany..she's the only one who hasn't warmed up to me Ashy because she is in love with you"
"I don't think your wrong..she's in the holding cell right now I'll have Max check her room"
"Why is she in the cell"
"She tried to snap your leg when you passed out"I frowned and he kissed my hair.
"It's okay baby we are alright"
**
Asher's POV
You tried to kill my mate I snarled as I stepped into the cell.
You belong with me she snarled and I bristled.
"Why would I ever want someone who allows themselves to be used when someone is waiting for them"
I make you happy.You like the challenge I can see it in your eyes she taunted.
No i snarled Ryker scratching to get out and rip her limb from limb.
"Alpha here it is"
"Thank you Max"I took the syringe full of silver and Tiffany's eyes widened.
You won't do it she growled.
Try me.You tired to kill the one who means the most to me I snapped grabbing her by the arm and injecting her.She gasped trying to fight me.
Enough I growled and she started to go limp her body weakening slowly.
Your the worst thing ever she spit and I grabbed her by the throat.
Oh Tiffany do you have it wrong I snarled and dropped her to the floor.
Lock the cell I'll be back later I growled as she gasped for breath.
"Yes Alpha"I heard her scream and I seen Emery outside her skin pale and she was picking at the grass.
"Baby are you alright"
Luna she won't talk to me she whimpered.She looked up at me with tear stained cheeks.
Oh baby...she'll come back baby I murmured.
It wasn't my fault she cried.
"Baby please don't cry I know it wasn't your fault and so does Luna she's healing baby you were injected with a lot of silver"I scooped her up and she pressed her face into my chest as I carried her to our room.Her breathing eventually slowed down my scent calming her down quickly.
Mmm she mumbled as I pressed her into me.
"Sh baby sh get some rest"She clutched my shirt tugging on it.
"Hm baby what's wrong"
"Kiss me please"
"Hm of course baby"We kissed softly and she tried to deepen it.
"Baby rest..baby girl oh fuck"She sunk her canines into my mark and I shuddered.She straddled me and I shoved up her dress feeling her lace panties.I groaned and she circled her hips against my dick.
Fuck baby don't tease I grunted wanting nothing more than to be buried deep in her fucking her senseless.
**
"Alpha can I come in"I looked to see Emery's naked body covered by our sheets.She was already on my pillow clutching it softly as her other hand searched for me.
'Just a minute Simon'
'Yes Alpha'I kissed Emery's temple and she smiled softly but stayed asleep.I opened the door and seen him looking down.
"What is it Simon"
"The traitor"
"Dead finally"
"Yes alpha"
"Good tell Derek to get a fire started"
"Yes alpha"He scurried away and I pulled on my shirt.I looked at Emery and smiled as her eyes opened.Her curls were everywhere all over our pillows.
"Ashy where are you going"
"Have to supervise something"
"Should I come"
"I think you came enough today"She giggled but threw a pillow at me.I smirked and walked back over to the bed.
"It's going to be something I don't know if your ready for"
Is she dead she whispered her fingers fiddling with my own.
Yes she is I murmured softly.She looked up with me with tears in her eyes.
"I want to come"
"Okay baby get dressed then"I watched her dress trying to ignore the growing arousal.She slipped into some leggings and a peach top coming through her sex hair so she looked presentable.She took my hand and we walked behind the cells to see Derek was staring into the flames.Simon was carrying her body and Emery squeezed my hand.I pulled her closer to me and nodded at Simon when Derek and I stepped back.He put her body in the fire and Emery whimpered slightly but stayed latched onto me.My body stilled as I felt Emery's hot tears seep through my shirt.
Emery baby don't cry I whispered.
I think I need to go upstairs she whimpered and I nodded.
"I'll go with you"
"Don't you have to stay"
"Ash I got it go ahead"I nodded thankfully at Derek and he nodded back in return as I shielded Emery and whispered sweet nothings to her.
I wish she didn't have to die she whimpered as I handed her the mug of hot chocolate and ate her mint chocolate chip ice cream.
"I know baby"
"Does it ever get an easier"
"It does after while baby as sad as it is to say that.You want to protect the one's you love and I can't and won't bare the thought of losing you"
"I know Ashy"
"Good now are you ready to go back to bed"
"No I'm not tired"
"Who said anything about being tired"