Chapter 6

For the first time in his life, Daido regretted that he was so good at his job. He got the boy to talk in no time and he wished he didn't. Realizing that his daughters were the two prime suspects in this case made him very uneasy. He couldn't believe that his daughters were physically capable of knocking unconscious and breaking a few bones of three fully grown men who were a part of the Secret Security Corps. Then again, he didn't think that his daughter was the kind of girl that would have sex with guys in exchange for something she needed. However, Nara was twenty two and an adult who is more than capable of taking care of herself. Fumiko on the other hand, was a minor and Nara shouldn't have involved her in a thing such as this.

It has been an hour since he let Jack go, and he knew that he had to go and report to Tatsuya. He didn't want to finish his report because Tatsuya would take him off the case, due to close personal attachment.

When Daido was about to knock on his door, the new assistant showed up.

"I am really sorry, but Mr. Minamoto already left, and he will probably be back on Tuesday. He wanted me to tell you to go first thing tomorrow morning to the hospital and talk to the three SSC members, he is also expecting a report on his desk Tuesday morning."

"Oh, thank you."

They both made a small bow as a way of saying goodbye, but just as the assistant was about to leave, Daido remembered something.

"Excuse me, did Mr. Minamoto happen to say where he was going?"

The girl averted her eyes to the side. "He just said he had some business to finish."

Daido inhaled deeply but quietly. He was going to get information out of this girl. He nodded and put out his hand. "I don't think we've been introduced properly. I am Hayashi Daido."

The girl shook his hand, "I'm Aiko Olsen."

Daido lifted his eyebrows. This Scandinavian looking, tall blond girl with blue eyes has a Japanese name, he thought to himself, that is something you don't see every day.

Aiko smiled, "Pretty unusual, huh? My parents told me that the decision to come to Japan was probably the best decision they made in their lives. So they thought that the least they could do is give their daughter a Japanese name."

Daido nodded. "That is not something many people do, and I really appreciate your parents' gratitude to my home country."

Aiko bowed a little again, thinking the conversation was over, but Daido was just getting started.

"Can I ask you for a little favor Miss. Olsen? This is probably something only you could help me with."

"Mr. Hayashi, I just started this job yesterday, I doubt that there is such a thing."

"You see Miss. Olsen, there has been a major breakthrough in the case that I am currently working on. A breakthrough that could lead to a complete change in this whole case, and I really need to ask Mr. Minamoto in person as to what our next course of action should be."

Aiko looked taken aback and she mumbled something to herself that Daido couldn't understand. "Well I don't know if that would be possible right now, I mean Mr. Minamoto is currently at the Northern..." she suddenly stopped and blushed a bit, "Oh, you are really good at your job Mr. Hayashi."

Daido had a satisfied smile on his face. "And you Miss, Olsen are pretty good at keeping secrets."

"But clearly not good enough." She looked angry with herself.