Chapter 8

Asami was more than excited to do her first interview. She couldn't sit still in the little hotel room in the New World, that was always rented to the Middle Ground Daily for interviews. When she finally heard a knock, she jumped up and practically sprinted to the door. She calmed herself a bit before opening it. She took a deep breath, put on her best business smile and opened the doors.

"Hello Mr. Minamoto." She said with a little bow.

He nodded in a greeting matter, "Miss...?"

"Hayashi," Asamı said with a sweet smile still on her face.

He nodded again, "Hayashi. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Trust me Mr. Minamoto, the pleasure is all mine." Asami motioned to two sofas across from each other with a coffee table in between, "Shall we start?"

He walked to the sofa's and sat on one of them, Asami sat on the one across from him.

"I hope you don't mind me recording this whole interview?"

"I don't mind at all."

Asami looked down at her tablet to look at questions she had prepared. She could feel Mr. Minamoto's eyes on her, and she felt herself blush. He was tall for a Japanese guy and he had shiny long hair.

Asami cleared her voice, "How do you feel about being the youngest ever CSC commander?"

"I feel accomplished. I reached my goals in less than two years and I am proud to say that there is no corruption in the CSC troops anymore."

"You are saying that there was corruption before you became the commander?"

"I am afraid that when I came I learned of a few incidents of corruption and eliminated it straight away. We are supposed to protect the city and the people in it, and I don't tolerate anyone going against the rules for personal gain."

Asami nodded. She knew this young man was her dad's boss, and now that she finally met him, she realized why he accomplished so much in such a short time. He was just like her, he was following the rules and he was succeeding, and being respected.

"Is there any threat right now to Tokyo?"

"We haven't been able to detect any major threats so far."

"So there hasn't been any yajū showing up recently in Tokyo?"

"I am very pleased to say that there hasn't been any yajū in Tokyo for fifteen years now."

Asami was surprised by that. She couldn't remember any yajū being in Tokyo since she was born. "Really, only fifteen years?"

Tatsuya gave her a weak smile. "Miss. Hayashi, as I said, there was corruption before I became the commander. Cases like that were kept away from the public, in order to stop fear from spreading in the city."

"Oh, I see. I guess that does make sense," she made a little pause and wondered for a second if he was telling a lie right now in order to prevent people from panicking, "How about yajū cases outside of the city?"

"There hasn't been any recorded yajū case near the city either." He looked Asami in the eyes for a bit and then added, "We will inform people to be more cautious if we find even a slightest sign of yajū nearby."

"How can people be sure that you aren't lying to us right now? We have some records of CSC going to the northern city borders every day for the past month or so. Is there a threat from the north that you are trying to hide from us?"