Chapter 7

"Miss. Hayashi."

Mitsuki... a girl in a mask with black eyes, clearly non asian... Mitsuki... is that really her name? Fumiko was wondering the same thing over and over again, is she the one who broke in the library? Was she carrying her katana? Did she break bones of those Secret Security Corps?

"Miss. Hayashi."

So many questions and no answers. Fumiko thought she would really go crazy if she continued thinking about Mitsuki.

"Miss. Hayashi!"

Fumiko practically jumped out of her chair when she finally realized the teacher was calling her name, which resulted in a few giggles coming from her peers.

She blushed and lowered her head. "Yes Dr. Trevors?"

Dr. Trevors was using the class period to read over the lab reports, while students were studying for the chemistry test, which awaited them tomorrow.

"Could you please come to my office during lunch. I want us to go over your lab report together."

Fumiko nodded. "Yes Dr. Trevors."

Now, the fun was about to begin and Fumiko could feel it.

***

Asami was very nervous when she entered the office of her boss.

Mr. Yamamoto seemed pleased, "Well, Miss. Hayashi, this is probably one of your finest work." He said while comfortably sitting in his office chair and looking at Asami over his tablet.

Asami made a small bow with her head. "Thank you Mr. Yamamoto."

"You see, Miss. Hayashi, currently we are lacking in a senior journalist. Miss Boyle left us, and we need someone to take her position. I would like you to take it Miss. Hayashi."

Asami was taken aback. She thought that Becky wanted to stay in the company and eventually become the CEO. However, this was a great opportunity for her and there was no way she was going to refuse it.

"I would be honored Mr. Yamamoto."

"Well, in that case Miss. Hayashi, you can go and move your things over to Miss. Boyle's office."

Asami got up, bowed her head, "I will do it immediately Mr. Yamamoto."

Just as she was about to leave, Mr. Yamamoto spoke again, "Oh, and Mss. Hayashi..."

"Yes?"

"You have an interview to do tonight. I am guessing you are more than capable of doing everything yourself?"

"Of course. And who am I interviewing?"

"I will have Mr. Tuma give you all of the details as soon as you go in your new office."

Asami nodded.

"You can close the door on your way out."

With that Asami left and started packing her things in a box. The whole time she was thinking about Becky, and how she wanted to get promoted and eventually even become the CEO or the chief editor. When she was done with packing her belongings, Asami figured that there was no point in wondering why Becky decided to leave, after all that gave Asami a chance to rise.

It was only once Asami started walking with her bow through the office, that she realized that everyone was staring at her. The first one to actually approach her was Jennifer, a rather mean assistant writer.

Everyone knew Jennifer as the one who would do anything to get a good story, even if it meant making almost all of it up. She was about a head taller than Asami, so looking down on Asami was no problem for Jennifer.