Betrayed

If I gave you guys my Instagram would you follow it?

AND HAPPY 4 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO NEWSIES ON TOUR!!!

____________

I walk into the lodging house with Race and immediately look for Jack. But he wasn't there.

"Where's Jack?" I ask out loud.

"He's on the roof." Henry says

"You don't look happy." Specs says sitting on the bed with wide eyes

"Henry why did you tell her where he was she's probably gonna go beat his ass now." Mush ask.

"How was I supposed to know I can't read woman."

"Oh but I can." Romeo winks as he walks up to us.

"Sit down." the newsies say at the same time.

"What's wrong?" Tommy enters the conversation.

Race looked at me. Probably to see if i was gonna be aggressive about this after I promised him I wouldn't be.

"Nothing." I answer simply. Race takes a deep breath as he walks to his bunk. Specs, Henry, and Tommy all look at each other.

"Spill the beans." Specs says as he leans forward with his elbows on his knees.

"Ew who says spill the beans?" Henry ask with a disgusted face on.

"Everyone says spill the beans."

"Nobody says spill the beans." Tommy steps in. Then they all start arguing at once.

"Guys!" I interfere with their argument. "Are you sure he's on the roof?" I change the subject.

"Yea." Henry sighs.

"Thank you." I say as I open the door to the roof.

They continue to argue as I shit the door and walk up to the roof. I walked up the stairs dreading every moment i imagined talking to Jack. What if he doesn't tell me the truth? Or what if Katie is lying?

I open the door to reveal the manhattan skyline, with the Brooklyn bridge shadow in the distance. I look to my left to find Jack and Crutchie laying on the floor looking up at the stars. Hope he wasn't too relaxed.

"Jack!" I say fuming. Their heads shoot up in confusion. Jack sits up once he realizes it was me.

"What do you want?" He says in a grumpy voice.

I was about to scream until Crutchie sat up and looked at me. My mad face goes soft and i look down.

"Crutch can you give me and Jack a minute please?" I ask quietly. I didn't want him to see me mad and tell all the newsies. I didn't need Race coming up here.

"Ok." He says as he climbs up his crutch to stand. I opened the door for him and shut it behind him. Once I was sure he was gone i turn to Jack.

"HOW COULD YOU?" I scream.

"Woah woah woah you can't just scream at me out of nowhere."

"You told Katie EVERYTHING? Even after YOU were the one who told me to stop dating Race because of her? What the fuck was the point of making me break up with Race?" I yell. I would be screaming but I didn't want the newsies to hear me.

"What're you talking about? Why would I talk to her?" He ask with the fakest confused look i've ever seen him make.

"Don't even try to cover it up asshole she told me everything you said! How could you do that to your own SISTER?"

He shook his head. You could tell he was giving in.

"Ken you don't know the whole story so before you wanna get all tough let me speak!" He screams at me.

"Oh you wanna get mad now? If anything I should be punching you silly because there is no way you can make yourself seem like the good guy here."

"I have the right to be mad at you because you lied about Albert." Jack crosses his arms.

I choked on my words. I completely forgot about that. Shit.

"Ok but why would I ever tell you that it's not like it would help anybody here. If anything you would just wanna kill Albert." I defend myself.

"I wanna know why you cheated on Race. You didn't lose feelings for him and get them back in 2 hours, that's not how it works." He says in his know-it-all voice.

"THIS ISN'T ANYWHERE NEAR THE SAME THING AS YOU TELLING KATKE EVERYTHING!"

The newsies definitely heard me now.

"Maybe I was sick of your drama and wanted to get you to shut up."

My jaw dropped to the floor.

My own fucking brother backstabs me because because he was "sick of my drama".

I shake my head and stomp to the door.

"Kenny!" Jack speed walks after me.

"No i'm done because you are the most selfish person i've ever met! ALL YOU THINK ABOHT IS YOURSELF." I yell as I rip his hat off of his head and start smacking him with it.

"Ken-" he starts.

"And I thought blood was thicker than water." I throw his hat and stomp down stairs.

I swing the door open and grab make my way to the lobby of the lodging house.

JoJo POV

Me and Race were playing cards on the table as he chewed on his cigar.

Out of nowhere someone came storming into the bedroom with the angriest face. I couldn't tell who it was because all the bunks were blocking the door. The sound of the door slamming made all of us jump.

Me and Race were trying our best to see who it was.

"Kenny!" We hear most of the newsies yell.

I look at Race who jumped out of his seat and pushed through the newsies. He ran down the stairs after her. I got up and ran after him.

This can't be good.