one

Sometimes someone hurts you so bad, it stops hurting at all...

Every day my life gets worse. You'd think it would change for the better but life isn't always butterflies and rainbows.

Between school and home, the outdoors are the most stable for me. The one thing that's keeping me together by a thread.

I'm constantly reminded that I'm unwanted by my parents in my own home. The names and marks are my reminders.

They stopped caring for me since I was five. It started with the less praise. Then it progressed to getting mad at me more. Words turned into marks. By the age of eight, I was home alone for days. Their sparkle in their eyes for me was gone completely.

Marks turned into bruises which turned into broken bones.

I'm overlooked by everyone. I'm just an ordinary girl to everyone.

A clearing of a throat and a tap on the desk brought me out of my daze.

"Welcome back to planet earth, Brooklyn."

An uproar of giggles from the class started which caused me to slide down in the seat, secretly wanting the earth to swallow me up the whole.

After hearing the rest of the teachers ramble about how his dog ate a balloon the bell rang.

"Ms. Brooklyn, could you stay for a second?"

Anxiety flushed through my body as he called for my name. Making up excuses for possibly anything ran through my mind while making my way to his desk.

"Remember what I told you about the last time you daydreamed in class?"

Pure fear took over my body.

"Next time I'm calling home."

"Please no! I-I promise I won't."

"Brooklyn, today is the last day of school. I've heald it off all year." He sighed dialing up my number home.

"Hello ms Stanton, I'm sorry to call but your daughter keeps falling asleep during class, I would like her to come to school for tomorrow to make up the stuff she had missed." Hearing a sigh and a closing of a phone brought me out of thinking." - Ms. Stanton, you will see me bright and early! You don't want me to cut off more of your summer."

Why must I be such a disappointment?

"Brooklyn!" Her mother boomed. "-how more useless can you get?" She yelled grabbing me by my hair.

"No! Stop!" Screaming was useless considering she would never listen.

108°F

My mother locked the doors to get access inside. Who knows how long I will be out here for.

"Get your ass inside now!" My father yelled.

Coming back into the house after a couple of hours felt good. The anger in this room was suffocating me little by little.

"We're going on vacation, but here's the hit, you're not going. Maybe if you fucking listen you would but you blew it. We hired some babysitters because we didn't want the neighbors to question." My mother spoke rolling her luggage to the door.

"If the babysitters asked, it's a business trip." My dad added.

I've learned to not speak until granted too. If I speak without permission I get punished.

I nod.

"They should be here soon."

As if on cue, the door rang signaling that they are here.

"Hello! You must be the girls. I'm Dan and this is my wife Amanda. Please come in!" I heard my father say.

"Hello sir, I'm Ally, this is Camila, Normani, Lauren, and Dinah." The shortest girl said shaking my dad's hand.

"Brooklyn should be here somewhere. Brooklyn!"

I heard my mother yell. Instantly, I sprinted from the upstairs. Facing the girls intimidated me.

"We have a few rules for you girls. No boys, no sex, no parties, and no drugs." My father stated.

After my father went over the rules they were off.

Maybe if you were better you could come.

Why must I be a fuck up?

AN

Hey, guysss! This is despondent but I wanted to write this differently. Anyways I'm in school and won't update these as fast as I'd like to. Have a great day/ night. I have a show next week plus my trainer wants me to jump this time and I'm nervous.

Lots of love :)