Mystery/Thriller Results (Books 11-20)

Judge: chekeo

1.Emphasized Point

Cover: 10/10 - it looks good and mysterious.
Title: 10/10 - it grabbed my attention.
Summary: 2/5 - it didn’t make me want to read it right away.
Characters: 1/15 - the story was confusing and I couldn’t understand how the characters’ personality was.
Dialogue: 1/5 - they were confusing, sometimes I couldn’t understand who was speaking.
Grammar: 12/20 - some comas were missing, so it was hard to understand some sentences. You’re/Your confusions.
Plot: 2/25 - I couldn’t understand anything to be honest, there was no contex, the author wrote things like if we already knew what was going on, when we didn’t. I liked some descriptions tho.
Overall Enjoyment: 1/10 - I think this story has to be finished and corrected, that way, I believe it will be easier for the readers to understand. I believe the author’s idea is good, but he/she should improve it.

Total: 39/100.

2.Carvings that bind

Cover: 10/10 - it relates with the story and it’s well done.
Title: 10/10 -  I found myself wondering what would be the story behind this mysterious title.
Summary: 5/5 - it made me totally want to read it.
Characters: 15/15 - they have strong personalities and the killer can trully scare someone.
Dialogue: 5/5 - they were enough.
Grammar: 19/20 - there were a few little mistakes like letters missing, nothing much.
Plot: 25/25 - I was surprised with the twist. I hoped it would have some romance or something, but it ended up being one of that non-cliché stories that completely shocked me.
Overall Enjoyment: 10/10 - I really want to read this story again. The plot twist still makes me shiver.

Total: 99/100.

3.Moonlight’s curse: The dead citadel

Cover: 8/10 - it relates with the story, but I think it could be improved (the color of the title wan’t the best choice in my opinion.
Title: 10/10 - it’s catchy and doesn’t show too much.
Summary: 5/5 - I felt interest in reading the story.
Characters: 13/15 - the characters had strong personalities, but sometimes we could predict what they would do next.
Dialogue: 5/5 - the dialogues were good in my opinion.
Grammar: 14/20 - there were some mistakes with past tenses and words.
Plot: 10/25 - since the story wasn’t complete the plot didn’t change at all, so I can’t really tell if it’s cliché or not. From what I read there were a few predictable moments.
Overall Enjoyment: 4/10 - to be honest, this story disappointed me, because the summary was great and the book cover was interesting, but once I started to read it, I found it boring and I don’t think it fits in mystery/thriller category, it’s more like fantasy.

Total: 69/100.

4.The Perfect Jade

Cover: 10/10 - the cover is attractive enough to make me want to start reading.
Title: 10/10 - the title is catchy and shows a little bit of elegance, in my opinion.
Summary: 5/5 - it made me want to start reading, it talks about serious things such as depression which made me want to see how the author would express those feelings.
Characters: 15/15 - The characters had their own personalities and I could hate and love them at the same time, well done with that! I was trully liking the characters with their stubborn answers ahah.
Dialogue: 5/5 - I think the dialogues aren’t too much nor less.
Grammar: 17/20 - there were a few mistakes related with past tenses.
Plot: 25/25 - it wasn’t cliché at all and I liked how everything was planned to make sence in the end.
Overall Enjoyment: 10/10 - I really liked Reading this story! It was different because it talked about suicide and all of that, but I think the author really express the characters’ feelings and I really liked the thriller I felt while Reading this story.