| Lies | Chapter 24 |

After ending the call, Taeyong quickly made his way out of his office where he had been stationed the majority of the night. On his way to grab his jacket and shoes Johnny had appeared from a nearby room. "What's got you going in such a rush?"

"They are stupid enough to go into (Y/N)'s apartment complex. I'm going to make sure they're fine."

"Shouldn't you send someone else?"

"Johnny if Lucas didn't take note of him, then either something happened, or the person seemed normal enough that Lucas wouldn't flag him."

"Where's Yuta and Kun then?"

"Shifts. Kun's asleep so he can make it the whole night, and it's not Yuta's turn till tomorrow morning. I'm about to let Lucas know he needs to keep an eye out for anyone leaving and exiting."

"So you're going but keeping Lucas on guard?"

"Pretty much. (Y/N) seemed pretty scared, as much as I trust you guys, who knows what could happen."

"Just make sure you stay safe. While you're there ask them what the person looked like so we can see if it was BTS again."

"I'm not sure who else it would be, other than a neighbor there at the wrong time."

"EXO? I'd say other gangs, but we're on their good side, so they aren't trying to mess with anything they know is somehow related to us."

"I don't see why EXO would be making a move right now, but I'll keep my eye out just in case. Make sure to keep me updated on anything that happens, Johnny."

"I could say the same to you, Taeyong," Johnny says. And with that, Taeyong left. He made his way to your apartment complex as fast as he could, this time without breaking laws. He's not trying to get into more trouble than he has been in the past. It was helpful that Mark was actually good at his job though, because he was able to unlock any automated doors to let Taeyong into the complex without any problems.

He quickly made his way up to the room that he was told was yours, and knocked on the door. After doing so, he realized it wasn't the smartest of his ideas, so he sends you a text saying it was him. Before you could open the door, he took notice that no one else was around, and that he hadn't seen anyone since entering the building, yet Lucas had yet to report that anyone had left.

The moment that you had opened the door to let him in, he quickly came in and opened his arms to welcome you into a comforting embrace of sorts. You obviously accepted it and clung to him like there was no tomorrow. At that point you had tears running down your face as you stuck to him, hoping he'd be able to provide some sort of comfort for you. He ends up gently stroking your hair, and pulling you closer to him.

"Taeyong, I don't think I can do this anymore, what's going on?"

"I'd love to answer that, but I don't know myself," he resonds. He knew he wasn't telling the full truth, but couldn't risk pulling you deeper into his problems. He knew you were already in a bad spot as it was, especially since his gang couldn't protect you at all times due to it being suspicious.

"If you don't know then why are you helping me? You could get dragged into it too! That's the last thing we need at this point," you practically scream, weakly punching his arm.

"I'd rather be in it with you than letting you suffer alone, (Y/N)."