Chapter 1- The birth

"Come on Mary you can do this!" I shouted as I watched my beautiful wife scream in agony as she tried to bring our first child into the world. "ARGH" she screamed and with one final push our child came into the world. "Congratulations your highness you have a healthy baby girl!" I sighed in relief as the steady cry of a baby was heard. "You hear that Mary we've got a baby girl" I whispered happily to my wife. The child was then placed on her chest. Tears streamed down her cheeks "she's beautiful" she breathed. "Do you have a name your grace?" 

"Yes she will be princesses Anne" I said proudly Mary smiled at me before her eyes slowly closed she must be exhausted I thought as I held Anne in my arms. 

After setting Anne down I walked over to where Mary lay. I gently whisper in her ear "darling would you like to rest in you chambers?" No reply " come on Mary you need to wake up" nothing "Mary" I said slightly louder nothing I gently shook her trying to stir her from sleep. She fell limply In my arms. The panic rose up inside me. I shook her more violently begging her to wake. "I need a physician in here!" "NOW!!" I screamed. "What is it your grace?" "It's the queen" I cried "I I I can't wake her!" The physician rushed to Mary's bed pulling back the sheets gently to reveal blood stained bedding  "she's lost to much blood" the physician said gravely "Well do something" I stammered "Your grace I'm afraid there is little we can do we are to late" he said softly as he felt for a pulse before checking her breathing " I'm sorry my lord but the queen is dead" he said " no" I cried stroking her hair and holding her close. My body began to shake violently as I began to hysterically cry.

Writer note- This is my first story I hope it's started off ok thanks! Xxx