Chapter 7 - The Coronation

Anne's- POV
I strode off the ship trying to show my courage to prove that I am my Mother's daughter. I gazed in awe at the land that lay before me it was beautiful. Scotland was beautiful but not in the same way as France. France is is elegant but Scotland is wild and rugged with such haunting beauty. This is my nation and I will be the Queen it needs. Strong, fierce and brave. Just like the Kings and Queens before me. My ladies followed as I walked toward the carriage and clambered aboard. Agnes and Alice looked at me before breaking into excited squeals. "Mother always spoke of Scotland's landscape and how wonderful it was" said Alice joyfully. "I know isn't it beautiful!" I cried "And soon it will have a beautiful Queen to lead it" said Agnes looking at me with awe in her eyes.

Awhile later the carriage pulled up to the castle. I stepped out to be greeted with a royal reception. Once my feet were on the floor everyone feel to there knees. "LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!" They chanted before rising back up. I walked to my uncle James. He bowed before me "My Queen Anne I do believe this Coronation is long over due" he said "definitely but uncle please call me Anne" I said before he lead me inside.

Francis POV
She walked into her court with such confidence. She looked like her mother head strong and fierce. I followed her and James into the castle. I was led to my rooms and told the festivities would take place in an hour.

Scottish court was nice but not quite as decorative as French court. I got dressed and wondered down to the Great hall I was announced as normal and began talking to nobles and country men. Then the announcement came "Queen Of Scotland and princess of France. Queen Anne!" A round of applause echoed around the room before everyone bowed. She floated elegantly down the stairs. Agnes and Alice had done a good job. She looked stunning in a navy blue dress with gold detailing, on her head was a perfectly placed tiara shimmering with sapphires and golden opals. She looked like a Queen.