Chapter 4 - Her eyes

Francis's POV

I had to get over this. I can't live in fear! How how can I hate looking in my child's eyes. I've got to . I walked slowly over to where Anne was sleeping she looked so perfect, so peaceful my heart melted when I looked at her. I scoped her up gently she's so tiny. I heard footsteps behind me then a familiar voice. I turned around to see Greer smiling at me. "She perfect" I whispered smiling at my little Anne. "I am so proud of you Francis" said Greer softly but just as she did Anne stirred in my arms her little eyes fluttered open and rested on me.

*Flashback

The music flowed through the room I watched her as she spun round and round her black dress billowing out beside her as her ladies danced around her. She was so beautiful. Then feathers began to fall from nowhere resting perfectly in her raven hair. She turned around looking straight at me we locked eyes I could off admired her beauty forever. Her toothy grin, her rosy lips, her button nose and her beautiful brown eyes. Her eyes.

*end of flashback

*end of flashback

I looked up and stumbled back "Francis"Greer shouted grabbing onto me steadying me. Before I almost dropped Anne. "Give her here" Greer said taking Anne off me before I fell back into my chair. I took a few deep breaths trying to ignore the ache in my heart. Greer placed Anne down gently before turning to me " What happened Francis?" Her voice soothed my head ache. I could see why Mary chose her as her lady. "I don't know Greer but ,she has Mary's eyes and every time I look at her I am met with a painful memory of Mary. She haunts me Greer. Her face it's all I see when I close my eyes. When I sleep I'm disturbed by nightmares of when I lost her." "Oh Francis that's awful I'm so sorry." She looked at me with such sympathy in her eyes. "Francis can I tell you something. " "Yeah sure what is it" I whispered holding back tears. "Did you know that my mother died in childbirth with my youngest sister?" "I'm so sorry Greer" "It's ok Francis but when she died my father began to rely on me heavily I became a mother to my younger sisters. I felt how you feel now. My youngest sister look so much like her, my mother. I cried every time I looked at her. I began to habour so much resentment toward her because every time I saw her I remembered, what it had cost my mother to bring her into this world, but at one point, it went away I can't remember when but when I saw her happy it reminded me of my mother when she was happy. Now it may take I while but soon Anne with become you most precious position because those memories are painful now but in time you will look back on them fondly and when that happens Anne will become like a book of memories and you will treasure her with all you heart!" I looked at Greer "thank you Greer I look forward to that day!" I said with a smile.

*Authors note

Sorry this chapter is short tell me what you think so far. This is my first story so I have no clue if it's any good! Thanks. Xx