Chapter 6 - The Good News

Francis's POV
I watched as my once little girl span round in time with the melodic music. Her raven curls flying around her. She was stunning. Her cousins Agnes and Alice danced around her Bash and Kenna's young daughters. They were perfect copies of there parents Agnes had Kenna's auburn hair and enchanting smile whereas Alice had bash's haunting eyes they were like beads of sea glass. They were twins 2 years younger than Anne. Who was now 13 and every bit as beautiful as her mother.

Anne's POV
I danced as if I had not a care in the world with my best friends and cousins Agnes & Alice. We spun each other round knowing that everyone was watching us yet not caring the slightest bit. We burst into fits of giggles when the music ended to be met with the eyes of everyone at court. Some glares were filled with judgment but most with admiration. We left the dance floor wishing not to disrupt the festivities anymore.

I awoke to a sharp tap on my door " come in" I shouted groggily " Well that is no way to greet your king" my father joked before taking a seat on the end of my bed. "What?" I demanded "Well I've been thinking" he began "and maybe it's time Scotland met its Queen" He said. "What like seriously go to Scotland" I shrieked in disbelief. "Yes seriously" he said "Oh father I would love to go!" I cried happily "Good because in 2 days we will set sail for the Scottish shore and then we can organise your coronation!" He said triumphantly " Yayy" I cried clapping my hands together before leaping on my father to give him a hug.

                           Francis's POV
Anne hugged me tightly as I told her the good news her eyes gleamed with excitement as she tried to push her disheveled curls out of her face. "What am I still doing in bed" she exclaimed "I must pack ,oh and tell Agnes and Alice. They can come can't they" she paused slightly, hope in her eyes "Of course" I smiled. She giggled gleefully and leapt of bed.

Right now come's the difficult bit. "Mother" I said happily as I forced a smile "Francis my dear" she said with affection "would you do a favour and be temporary regent for a while" I said hopefully "why" she said suspiciously "I've decided that it's time Anne was crowned Queen of Scotland" I said "well that's wonderful have no clue what to wear" Cathrine said with a hint of spite in her tone "Mother I need you to stay here and look after France" I said quietly "I'm sorry Francis but I'm not missing my granddaughters Coronation" "What you want me to miss my only child's Coronation?" I said trying to guilt trip her "Well" Cathrine pondered "Well I suppose your right" she said and that was the first time I'd ever heard her use that statement. I hugged her with joy then rush off again.