Chapter 8 - Long Live The Queen

Francis POV
I looked around the great hall it looked perfect . Everyone was hurrying around getting ready for the Coronation hanging the last of the garlands. Anne was busy greeting guests so I was over seeing the decorations for the Coronation I wanted it to be perfect for her. I smiled to myself as I watched Alice yell at a baker, she had been left in charge of the feast and Agnes had be left in charge of Anne's dress and outfit. "I wanted strawberry tarts" Alice sighed looking at the baker with such I'm disappointment and disbelief. "Right" she said cheerily forcing a thin smile onto her lips "Apple will have to do but you'll have to serve and apple sauce rather than strawberry" her voice was calm but full of authority "chop chop" she barked and the baker rushed off. She turned around and looked at me before walking confidently towards me her eye tearing into me, they we're almost identical to Bash's. She handed me a menu "What do you think" she said her voice full of pride "perfect" I clapped "thank you so much Alice for being here it means a lot to me and Anne" she beamed back at me "well how could I miss the Coronation of my Queen, after all i have got Scottish blood pumping through my veins" she smiled and curtsied before running of to help Anne to welcome the guests.

                               Anne's POV
My dress trailed behind me as the procession began. I was shaking slightly with nerves. My father walk behind me beaming with pride. We reached the large double doors that lead into the hall before they were open I turned around and hugged my father tightly. I turned back put a smile on my face and the doors opened. I gilded up the isle. When I reached the front of the crowd I kneeled down before the Archbishop. He placed the orb into my hands then put the septor in the other then placed the crown on my head. I got up and walked to the thrown then the archbishop anointed me with holy oil. Then it came the chant from the crowd "LONG LIVE THE QUEEN"

Francis POV
Her dress was perfect it was white with hints of Scottish blue throughout. It was embroidered with silver detailing. The silver was as enchanting as she was. She hugged me before stepping through the double doors. The train of her dress flowed behind her just as her mothers had the day of our Coronation. A single tear fell from my eye as I watched my daughter with such pride. I brushed my tears away and followed her in the procession.

The crown sat on her head perfectly. I looked into her eyes and saw that familiar look. It was a look of pride, determination and happiness. I could see the the flames that burnt inside her. Mary embers had been placed in her and now they had been rekindled into a roaring bonfire.
               She would be a great Queen!