Chapter 5 - Never forget

Francis POV
"I will never leave you" I smiled as I rocked my little princess back and forth "you will rule the world France, Scotland and maybe even England will fall at your feet" I said. My dear Anne was almost 5 months old now she could crawl around and was a very wriggly child she was impatient and determined just like her mother. I smiled as I watched her drag her little body across the grass determined to make it to a patch of white daisies which were scattered across the green gardens. I remember how Mary used to make beautiful daisy chains when we were little. She would make me a crown or a necklace before we would run of to play hide & seek!

Bash and kenna walked over to us. Bash looked at me exhausted before flopping down on the ground next to me. "How are you little brother" he asked. "Good actually" I said. We both sat there watching kenna play with little Anne. "So Bash will I get the joy of being and uncle?" I questioned. He gave a small sigh "I don't know I know kenna wants kids but I don't think I could bear to lose" his voice trailer off as he realised what he'd said. "No I understand but kenna does seem to have a knack with children" I gestured to a giggling Anne. "She is a natural mother and you and kenna would have beautiful children!" I smiled as a grin grew across Bash's face. "Well if Anne looks any bit as beautiful as her mother you'll have fun dealing with suitors throwing themselves at her left right and centre" Bash remarked. I sighed "I cannot begin to think of any man anywhere near her!" A loud laugh erupted from Bash I followed his gaze toward his wife and my daughter Kenna was blowing raspberries on little Anne's stomach making her weak with giggles I smiled sadly realising that Anne wouldn't have a real mother daughter connection.Kenna I'm sure would guide her but Anne would be alone in her struggle as Queen.