Chapter 2 - She's gone

Greer's POV

 "Francis" I said gingerly as I opened the door followed by kenna and Lola he was sat clinging to Mary's hand desperately kissing it every so often "Francis she gone." I whispered choking back a sob. "She can't be gone ... I I need her" he cried " Anne needs her". "Francis" Lola spoke softly as she pulled up a chair next to him "Anne needs you now more than ever before. You have to be strong for her" Francis stared at Lola stonily before getting up and wandering over to where the princess lay he looked down at her "she" he said "she she Is THE REASON MARY'S DEAD SHE" he screamed pointing at the baby that lay below him "SHE TOOK HER FROM ME!" He shouted before breaking down sobbing on the floor in a crumpled pile. "Oh Francis" I said kneeling before him I opened my arms and he fell into them I let him cry as Lola rocked Anne back to sleep he didn't deserve this. 

*A few hours later                  

The girls and I walked out leaving Francis with baby Anne. I turned around and looked and kenna and Lola "she's gone isn't she" I said quietly "yes" said Lola before all three of us burst into tears we clung to each other.

                                                                                 Kenna's POV

I lifted my head out of our group hug "I guess I better go tell Bash" I told them "ok" Lola said sadly "he's going to be heartbroken" said Greer I nodded in agreement "I will see you guys later" I whispered before walking towards our quarters.

I knocked gently on the door and poked my head round the corner "kenna" Bash sighed with relief " do you have news, how's the baby how's Mary?" "Francis has a healthy daughter" I said quietly "that's wonderful how's Mary" Bash said happily " umm" I stuttered Bash's expression changed " what is it kenna?" " Mary didn't survive the birth" I cried before bursting into tears Bash grabbed hold of me. He hugged me close and I cried into his warm chest. Bash pulled away from me and looked into my eyes "how's Francis" he said in a concerned voice "He's a wreak" I whispered sadly"I must go to him" said Bash "go" I said quietly.

 Bash pulled away from me and looked into my eyes "how's Francis" he said in a concerned voice "He's a wreak" I whispered sadly"I must go to him" said Bash "go" I said quietly

                                                                               Bash's POV

"Francis I'm so sorry" I said he stood silently before me before suddenly pulling me into a tight hug I held on to him knowing he needed this. "Bash... why would she leave me?" He said tearing up again "Oh Francis" I said sympathetically "did I do something wrong" Francis said frantically "no Francis you can't blame anyone for this let alone yourself  Mary loved you so much! You know that she would of given anything to raise Anne with you!" I said trying to comfort him " it's my fault" "no it's not Francis" he ignored me and carried on "I should I should of checked she was alright I should of seen that something was wrong!! I watched her slip into death and I just watched I did nothing!! I DID NOTHING BASH AND NOW SHE IS DEAD" he screamed cursing himself over and over again. "STOP IT" I shouted "Your being silly Mary would be so upset if she could see you now. She wouldn't want you to blame yourself or Anne!" I said reassuring him. "Your right, but how do I carry on without her?" He cried desperately "You have so much to live for now! You have Anne you cannot let her grow up without a father!"