Chapter 6

When Caroline woke up the next morning, she heard people talking and wasn't sure if they knew she was awake so I didn't move. "So, does Mark knows she is here?" She heard Pierre ask. So Pierre was here. "Yes, but she wanted him to leave him alone. I have no idea why but clearly they have had a fight." Daniel replied but just assumed. Caroline bit her lip and sighed softly. He had no idea. Since her dad had retired, it always had been about him. Caroline had tried her best to keep the close bond they had but it failed and it was his fault. This time Caroline couldn't keep her emotions to myself and started crying, which made Daniel and Pierre notice, she was awake. Pierre walked up to her bed and took her hand "Hey, I had no idea you were awake." He apologized. Shaking her head, Caroline smiled weakly "It's okay. I guess I wanted to keep my sadness to myself." she told him. This time, she felt Daniel taking her in his arms. "You shouldn't hold it in, Care. I know we only met yesterday again but I want you to know, you can trust me. Let me able to be your friend again." Caroline knew she could trust him and nodded "I would love to have you as a friend again." She smiled through her tears as she looked at him. "Make that two." Pierre chuckled, softly squeezing her arm. "Or three. I am sure Cate would love to be friends with you as well." Caroline smiled at the drivers "I would love to be your friend."

When Pierre looked at Daniel holding Caroline like that, it reminded him of the first time Cate and he were so close. He knew they would become more than friends but only when they saw it themselves. "I should freshen up myself." Caroline smiled weakly and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. Looking at Daniel, Pierre looked worried but let it go, directly. "Shall I tell Cate to hold a table for us to get some breakfast?" He asked. Daniel nodded "Yes."