Chapter 2

After breakfast, Daniel took Caroline to his driver's cabin. "So, anything planned for tonight or the weekend? I heard the steak is pretty good in one of the restaurants close to the track." He asked her. Caroline smiled at first but then started to chuckle "Are you asking me on a date?" Daniel raised his brow "No. I just figured I could take you to a party after Qualifying tomorrow. Well, if your dad is okay with it." he replied "I don't want him to hate me." Caroline started to laugh. "Oh please, he hasn't looked after me like that for too long. After I didn't attend the races anymore, I went back to Australia until I was old enough to come to Monaco." Daniel looked at her with his mouth dropped open. "Really? I had no idea." He sat down next to Caroline and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Well, please know this... if you need anyone, I am here for you." He smiled.

"I am glad." Caroline smiled as she put her head on his shoulder "I am thinking to get my mom to Monaco as well." She admitted. Daniel stroked her hair. "I'll help you with that." He smiled 

"Really?" Caroline looked at him with a smile "Yes. I want to help. As a friend." Daniel replied "But first I have to go to First Practice. Do you want to go back to your dad or do you want to stay here?" He was curious about what she wanted to do. "I'll stay if you don't mind? But first I need to do something." She chuckled, the sound making him smile. "Okay." I smiled as I stood up, pouting. "Hey, if you return to the pit boxes, I'll be there. I promise." Caroline kissed his cheek. "Good." Daniel smiled

Caroline walked with him to his car. Putting on his balaclava and helmet, Daniel smiled at her. Giving him a hug, she smiled wide "Good luck." Daniel nodded and smiled "Thanks." 

When he got into the car and drove out of the pit lane, Caroline walked to Max' sister Victoria. "Hey, I have an idea for a surprise for Daniel. Do you want to help me?" She asked her with a smile. "Sure. What's up?" She replied with a smile "I wanted to surprise Daniel with a complete merch outfit." Caroline told her. Victoria smiled "Cap and shirt?" She asked curiously. "Cap, shirt, sweater. Everything." Caroline replied. "Well, then we have to find a stand where we can buy it." Victoria smiled wide.