Chapter 29

//I know I skipped a lot but I got so much inspiration after yesterday

Standing in Daniel's pit box, I waited for him to return. He had pole position in Qualifying and I couldn't even be more proud. Knowing Max probably was disappointed, I also knew he was happy for Daniel after all that bad luck. 

When he returned to the pit box, he smiled wide when he saw me. Wrapping my arms around him, I kissed him deeply. "I am so proud of you, babe." I whispered as we walked to his driver's cabin. Squeezing my arm lightly, I knew Daniel felt the same. "Shall we celebrate it?" He looked at me with the same happy smile, I fell in love with back in 2013. "I wish I could but I am on my period." I told him. A lie. I knew it wasn't true but I wanted to surprise him with the truth later. He raised his brow "We can celebrate with all your favorites, then." Daniel chuckled. "Sounds wonderful." I replied with a smile. Sitting down on the couch, I looked at him. "Are you nervous for tomorrow?" Daniel shook his head "No. I mean, I know we are strong and I know the other teams are strong as well but I'll do everything to win." He spoke so confidently. I smiled wide "I am glad you have the confidence back." 

--

Biting my nails, it was so nerve-wracking to watch the race. Daniel had kept his P1 status almost through the whole race and it was almost the last lap now. He had Max behind him and I really hoped it would go well through the end. Because if he would win, I had a whole surprise arranged for him. Feeling how Victoria squeezed my shoulder, I knew she was excited for me even though, she hoped Max would win. 

When Daniel went into the last lap, I knew he had it in him to win. Max seemed to have an issue so he couldn't get closer to Daniel, like he was now. When he reached the finish line, his team principal Christian let one of the engineers escort me to the pitwall, giving one of the headphones. "You can speak to him." He smiled. Putting the headphone on my head, I smiled wide. "I am so damn proud of you, baby. I love you so much." I told him. Hearing him cheer, made me smile wider. "I see you at the front." Giving the headphones back to Christian, I walked to the front of the pitlane with Simon, Victoria and Jos. When I saw Daniel get out of the car, I saw the same wide smile, I saw yesterday. The Red Bull guys helped me over the gate when David Coulthard gave us a clear sign, without Daniel noticing it. David was interviewing him. "And you have an amazing girl who supports you." I heard him speak. "Yes, Caroline is amazing.  A true supporter and an amazing girl." Daniel said. Wrapping my arms around him, I saw it surprised him. Turning around I saw him smile wide again. "Hey." 

David walked to me with the microphone. "Caroline, how happy are you for Daniel?" He asked nicely. I smiled "I am so happy for him and I think he truly deserved this win. I have a present for him, though." Giving the box, I was hoping he would love it. Opening it, Daniel read the message in the box. "I am so proud of you, Daddy. I meet you in May 2019." I heard him speak. Looking up at me after, I saw the same light in his eyes when he found out Kelly was his. "You're pregnant?" He asked me. I nodded "Yes." He smiled wider and wider. "She's pregnant!" He yelled to the team, even more happy. I started to chuckle "Go to the podium, baby. Else you miss the ceremony." I kissed him again before I let him go to the podium and celebrate.

I wanted to go back to the team but David told me to stay. Waiting somewhere close to the podium, I heard how the guys got their trophies. Not that long after, I heard how Daniel got a microphone. David gave me one as well and sent me to the podium. Hearing Daniel speak, I already smiled. "Caroline Webber, do you want to do me the honor to love you every day. Do you wanna marry me?" I smiled wide and ran to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Yes!" I replied excitedly.

//I know Max won but still... Daniel deserved a podium again