Chapter 26

After I talked to my dad, he had offered to finish Kelly's room with me. When we were done, I was pretty happy with the result. We had painted the walls different shades of blue and above Kelly's bed, there were four pictures. One of Daniel, me and her, one of my parents, one of me and Kelly and one of only Daniel. I smiled proudly at my dad. "We finished it. together." He nodded and smirked "We did. Hey, let's freshen up and take Kelly and your mom out for dinner when they get back?" He suggested. I smiled "Are you sure?" I asked before he nodded "Yeah, well, I think I can say your mom and me are on a good pace again. We're working things out." He smiled. 

"That's really good news, dad." I smiled and gave him a hug, knowing he really tried. They never divorced but it didn't go well either so this meant a lot. Letting dad shower first, I walked to my room and took my phone, calling Daniel. "Hey, are you busy?" I asked him before I really told him, my idea. Daniel smiled "I just finished some training with Max. What's up? Are you okay?" He looked worried. Daniel had been out of the country for a few days as preparation for Singapore. "I am fine, I just wanted to discuss something with you." I replied with a smile. "I know it may be early but what are you thinking about having a second child with me?" I asked him although I noticed he became very silent after the question. "Dan? Are you okay?" I asked him once and I heard him clear his throat. "Caroline... You have no idea how long I have waited for you to ask me this. I know it can be early to others but I know what we mean to each other. So yes... I would love to have another baby with you."