Chapter 10

After Qualifying, all the teams had left except for the drivers and their family and friends. A few of them already had done something for the open mic night and now it was my turn with Michael. We'd done the routine so many times at home so we knew it so well. I was wearing the dress, I always wore when I was dancing and Michael was dressed in a blouse and jeans. When we were done, I heard everyone cheering and clapping. But the opinion I cared most about was Daniel's. Seeing him, whistle on his fingers, I smiled wide, thinking about how everyone was right. Looking at the girls next, I smiled wide at them and walked with them to a room to change in the next outfit to do the routine with the girls. 

Walking back to the main room, we danced on Jennifer Lopez number while I kept an eye on Daniel to see what his reaction was. Did I want a sort of approve? Maybe. Maybe not. I just knew I did liked it if he was smiling. I felt powerful and confident while doing the girls' number. When it was done, I felt the girls hug me before I walked to Daniel and Michael "You were amazing. Both with the girls and with Michael." Daniel complimented me and kissed my cheek.  Looking at Michael, I smiled "I am glad he's here. Go spend time together. I have a girls' night." I told the guys. "Don't make it too late, okay? The race is tomorrow." Daniel spoke worried. I laughed "Yes, daddy." I teased him, making Michael laugh. "Will meet you for breakfast." I promised.