Expose

Olivia:

My mother left for her job leaving me alone at the house. I sat in my room on my laptop and scrolled through Facebook. Usually I would be working on a book or an article for the local newspaper but I had writer's block. Courtney had posted pictures of her and her dog again. Mari posted photos of her and her boyfriend Peter again. They looked happy as always. I looked at my photos and sighed. Most of them were me by myself or being a third wheel. Part of me wanted someone to share my life with but the other part was still afraid. As I was lost in thought a notification popped up. Shayne Topp had sent me a friend request on Facebook. Originally I would not have accepted it but after realizing he wasn't a complete tool, I decided to accept it. Besides now I could look at his profile and see if the rumors about him are true. I clicked on his page and scrolled through his posts and photos. Most of them were pictures of him by himself or with his friends. His posts didn't yield much either. Ugh, of course he was the golden boy on Facebook too. I was about to close my laptop when an idea popped into my head. This was the perfect story for the newspaper. My writer's block was completely gone. I would write an article exposing the town's golden boy Shayne Topp for the person he really is. I would have the top article in the city and maybe national newspapers would call and offer me a job off of it. I could finally leave this town. There was only one downside. I was going to have to play nice to get Shayne to trust me. I picked up a piece of paper off the desk and called the number scribbled down on it.

"Hello?" A voice said.

"Hi, it's Olivia" I said.

"Oh hey! How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good, are you still up for that walk?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm downtown right now, if you would like to join me" He said.

"Ok, I'll be at the Starbucks downtown in 10 minutes" I said.

"Ok, I'll meet you there" He replied.

"Great, see you soon" I said and hung up.

I put my phone away and grabbed my tennis shoes. As I laced them up I put on a hat. I turned my lights off and locked the front door before beginning my walk downtown to meet Shayne.