Twenty

„I'll be there for you"_______

_______

The sound of people swearing and sighing frustrated, was heard in the whole lab. Scientists worked with Tony Stark on the Nanotechnology, but they weren't getting a step ahead. They started to figure out how to change the suit with it, but never got a solution. After a while, the philanthropist told the group of scientists to take a break.

Jason and the other, went down to the cafeteria, working six hours without a break, was exhausting. They entered the elevator, and FRIDAY brought them to the floor where the cafeteria was. Everyone looked up, seeing them. A girl with blond hair stood up and walked to Jason.

"What did you do the whole time?", her soft voice questioned. The group took their food, and sat down on their seats.

"It's a new project we're working on. It's a secret one. Sorry, my love, but I can't tell you.", he looked at her eyes, and she kissed his cheek.

At the lab, Tony checked his phone, 5 missed calls from the boy. He sighed, thinking about calling him back. He shook his head, laying his phone back on the table and went towards the coffee machine. Pressing the button for black coffee, the liquid filled the cup and a 'beep' signaled him, that he could take his cup. The hot liquid in the cup, was mixed with sugar, Tony could never drink coffee without sugar. He went back to the table, picking up his phone, he dialed a number. Before pressing the call button, he took a sip of his coffee. The phone started to 'beep', showing him, that the phone was ringing.

"Mr. Stark...", the soft voice of the boy was on the other end. A tone of sadness was with it.

"Hey, Kid. What's wrong?", Tony walked back and forth, waking up his feet.

"I...I...", Peter stuttered, a tear rolling down his cheek. He tried not to sound sad, but his voice broke down.

Without any words, Tony changed into his suit, getting the coordinates from his AI, FRIDAY. He was still on the phone, not wanting the kid to feel alone.

"I'm on my way, stay where you are.", he ordered and flew faster.

He hung up, when he spotted the kid on a roof. He wore his Spider-Man suit, but his mask was in his right hand, revealing his teared up face. It broke Tony's heart, seeing the boy like that. He landed behind him, stepping out of his suit. He sat next to him, and they both stared at the horizon. There was an awkward silence between them, for a while.

"Look, Kid, what I said on your birthday,... I'm sorry.", Tony turned to the kid, seeing him still looking down. He sighed and hugged the kid.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Stark. I just... I will never ever do that again, I promise.", the two heroes remind the position.

"Want to join me and a group of scientists. We're improving my suit.", the adult asked, pulling out of the hug. Peter nodded, smiling.

One problem solved, and Peter swung, while Tony flew, to the Stark Tower. They entered the building, after Peter had changed into his civilian clothes. They went to the bigger elevator, made out of glass, and FRIDAY brought them to his lab, where the group of scientists were working. They looked up, after they heard the door opening.