THE SOUL WORLD: FOUR

"Legend tells us one thing: history, another

"Legend tells us one thing: history, another. But every now and then, we find something that belongs to both."

_________

THE SOUL WORLD

"How is yoga supposed to help me again?" Matt Murdock couldn't help but sigh, rolling his eyes at the teenager who was crisscrossed besides him. Valeria genuinely held a confused facial expression, a bit cautious at not aggravating the man before her. He truly had no reason to help her, yet he was. "It's meditation. It's supposed to help you relax. You can't be carrying all those powers and senses with you while being overwhelmed."

"I'm just trying to contain them, actually." Matt broke out of his meditation concentration, focusing a bit on her heartbeat. She was growing frustrated, desperate. He'd decided against pressuring Valeria in telling him the entire context of what was going on in this world, feeling uncomfortable at the fact she was just a kid. Stephen and Valeria had only told him about trying to prevent the mad titan responsible for the decimation of fifty percent of the universe from invading the world. To do that, Valeria had to always keep her hypersensitivity in check, outpower Thanos.

Matt tried to make himself believe that was all there was to the story, but the staggering heartbeats from the young girl were telling him otherwise. The instance of when the teenager excused herself from a training session after Matt asked her to focus on something she loved, and next thing he could hear was her cries, he knew there was something else. Perhaps knowing everything will help him figure out what way was the best for her, Matt just didn't know how to ask.

"It's okay to ask, I trust you." Valeria watched Matt stiffen up a bit at her words, still not used to being around another emotionally hypersensitive being who could read his thoughts like nothing. They'd only been training for a handful of days so she understood that there was still a barrier they had to break through, but Valeria knew time was the one thing she probably couldn't control here. She wanted Matt to feel that he was trusted enough to not only join the fight but know every detail about it. Placing her hand softly on his shoulder, Valeria sighed in relief as his muscles let out the built up tension.

"Strange told you the gist of it: I'm supposed to be able to keep the barrier upheld so Thanos can't break in. Or even figure out that there is one. But... I want to be able to form a connection with the other side. I can't do that without being able to tame my emotional hypersensitivity, use it to my advantage. Stephen isn't keen on the idea, he's working with his own magic and the Pym family to figure something out. And I get that, they're so smart, but we don't have so much time."

Matt took in her words, not needing to look deeper to see if she was being sincere. Her voice was soft, clear as ever. "They don't understand that I'm the one person who knows this place better than anybody else here. I literally control what's in here and what happens, I know that if I can focus my powers, I can form a connection strong enough to break through both of the dimensions. They just— they need to know what to do... and that we're still here."