Chapter Twenty Nine

So I planned this to be uploaded last night because I was babysitting until 12 am but it's over 4,100 words and it's a big moment in the story so guys please, I'm begging you, give me some feedback because I'm exhausted and barely surviving. Also, good news for those of you who know the reason behind this book- the guy Ethan is based off of finally got to move out of his parents' house and has one with new, supportive roommates. Anyways, here's your long deserved story.

Ethan got dressed quickly as someone rang the doorbell ten times in a row. He checked himself in the mirror, styling his hair how he liked it and straightening his red T-shirt. Thanks to Karie and Nicole, he was dressing more like a man in his twenties than a boy who just hit puberty. He was sure if his old friends saw him that they would be impressed.

He ran down the stairs only to be picked up in a bear hug by Maddy before he reached the bottom. He laughed and hugged her back before she set him down. By the look on Alice's face, she's done the same to her.

"How are you guys?" Maddy asked. She was dressed in jeans and a tank top with her hair tied back in a braid, and Ethan had to admit that she looked gorgeous.

"Good," Ethan told her. He could barely hide him smile as he thought about his date with Kyle.

Maddy smiles as well and rubbed her elbow into his side. "Oh please, I heard you were going on a date. How was it? I want to hear everything that happened."

Ethan blushed. "It was amazing. He was so much sweeter than at the dance and it was amazing to get some alone time."

Maddy cooed and bumped their elbows together. "Fun," she sang, her husky voice reminding Ethan of an eighties singer. "What else? Did you two kiss?"

Ethan didn't have to respond, his red face gave Maddy her answer. She looked over to Alice, who rolled her eyes, and smiled wider.

"Oh my gosh, Ally, our little Ethan has a boyfriend."

Alice reached out and slugged Maddy's arm. "Sure does, but that's hardly the most exciting thing that happened this weekend. Are you going to tell him?"

It was Maddy's turn to blush. "When we're in the car. I want to get to the mall."

Alice nodded and kicked off the wall. "Are you driving?"

Maddy nodded and led the way out the front door to her car. Ethan smiled as he called shotgun, besting Alice to it as Maddy laughed with him. Alice slumped in the backseat as they pulled out of the driveway.

"Hey look, it's your old house," Maddy said as they drove close. Ethan rolled his eyes.

"Screw them."

Maddy nodded, "good idea," she said as she leaned across Ethan and flipped the house off as they drove by. She sped out of the neighborhood after that, leaving Ethan and Alice in a fit of giggles.

"So, what's the good news," Ethan asked once the giggles had died down.

Maddy smiled wide. "Ok, so you know how I'm in softball, right, and how I'm second base varsity? I'm pretty sure you knew."

Ethan nodded. "I think I know where second is and what you do. So what happened?"

Maddy excitedly slapped the steering wheel. "Okay, so there's this girl on the team, a year younger than me, so in your grade, who, let's not say dated, but basically was sleeping with Tyler."

"Ooh, spill the tea," Alice said from the backseat.

Ethan smiled at Alice's enthusiasm. "So what happened?"

Maddy stopped as the light ahead of them turned red. "So, at practice Saturday morning for varsity, we just finished doing drills and she thinks she's all this because she's a decent third basemen, even though she only succeeds a few times, but because she's rich, she got invited by the coach to play on this super cool club team."