Chapter 11

Previously:

When school gets out, I head to the music room for orchestra practice for two hours. It was nothing too difficult considering the music they want me to play is at the high school level. I've been past that difficulty since I was about 10. I mindlessly play the music in front of me, barely having to look at the sheet music to know what notes will follow. The music is just a little predictable. Instead of going home, I decide to go do some shopping. They say that retail therapy is the best out there. I drive the opposite way of my home and head to the mall. I walk through the mall and pick up a shirt here and there, nothing too crazy.

When I get home, I put away all my new clothes and candles and make myself some leftovers. After I eat, I throw on my pajamas and hop into bed, not bothering to take off my makeup. I couldn't be bothered. After the day I had all I want to do is sleep until Christmas. 

The one thought that I have before I fall asleep that night is the same thought that's been in my head since this afternoon. I'm not sure how, but I will get Luke back in my life. I can't live without him and even if he doesn't want to admit it, he needs me as much as I need him.

Dylan's POV:

Waking up the next morning proved to be a harder task than usual, considering I felt like all my energy had been drained from my body instead of it being replenished. I roll out of bed after 10 minutes of pointless phone time and walk to my bathroom like a zombie. Hoping a shower will wake my senses a little better, I turn on the water to warm it to a comfortable temperature before stripping out of my pajamas and getting in. I scrub my body and wash my hair, feeling myself slowly rise out of my zombie-like state. 

When I'm finished in the shower, I wrap a fluffy towel around myself and tie my hair into a messy bun to get it out of the way. I select my favorite pair of ripped skinny jeans, a basic white v-neck shirt and add my leather jacket to complete the look. (Outfit on the side>>) I slip on a pair of black combat boots and apply some makeup before grabbing my bag and heading out the door. I didn't even bother with breakfast this morning, because I just feel sick after. 

School goes by fairly quickly, just the same old same old. Homework in math, an essay for English and a test Friday in history. Soon enough the final bell is ringing, dismissing me from the pointless torture. I walk silently to my locker, trying to be as invisible as possible, with only a few comments from random girls complimenting my outfit. 

I look at the numbers at the top of the lockers and stop when I reach 1214. I enter my combination and open the metal door. When the door swings open, a small piece of paper falls out onto the floor by my feet. Frowning, I stare at the note as if it might explode and cautiously pick it up. Being the coward that I am, I shove the note into my pocket and decide to look at it later, fearing the worst. It could just be another threat from Blondie, I don't know why I'm freaking myself out. But it could also be from Luke. The thought of him taking time to write me a note and drop it in my locker, as cliche as that is, thrills me and I find myself smiling at my feet like an idiot.

Quickly I exchange my books for the night and slam my locker closed, heading towards the auditorium for orchestra. I still don't know how to feel about exploiting my talents to the whole school, but the fact that I already promised Mr. Morgan I would do it keeps me coming back. 

I quietly walk into the music room and set my things down on a chair towards the middle of the auditorium. I saunter up to the stage and delicately sit down at the piano. I finger the keys, getting a little warmed up by playing a quick tune from the top of my head. Mr. Morgan sneaks up behind me, making me jump slightly. He gives me an amused smile as he hands me more sheet music to look over. I flip through the music selection and frown slightly. All of these pieces are so easy for me to play that it almost becomes a nuisance. Nevertheless, I have to play them because that's the level that all the other musicians are at in the orchestra.