6. Blending In

Medley's POV

I'm amazed; would be an understatement to describe the splendor of this mall.
Robert just dragged me here right after classes. We're really lucky that there was no one when he literally dragged me to his car and drove straight here.

As soon as we entered the dress section, a number of ladies in their uniforms came running towards us and ushered us inside. Of course Robert's the boss so it just comes naturally that they will behave like this.

"Make up and a suitable dress to go with, for the lady." Robert stated arrogantly.

"Yes sir." The lady who seemed to eye me from head to toe the moment we made our entry replied curtly.

She rushed about ordering the other ladies to get the make up kit, dresses and shoes and what not.. I have no idea.

Take a deep breath Medley! Huffffffff....

"Calm down. You're shaking." There was a sneaky smile on his face.
"I-I'm not!!" I try my best to hide my nervousness.
Ugghhh.... Why did I have to stutter? Now it really just feeds his amusement.

"Okay fine." He chuckles.

And.. It sounds really soothing to the ears.

I'm sure the sales ladies here have a crush on him. Who wouldn't be? After all he's so.... I don't know.. Ugh.. Perfect!

I look around the room... It's filled with different sorts of dresses which I would never even in my dreams imagine to see. Then comes the shoes. Same case. The room is really bright and has a fusion of white, lavender, and different fashion posters. There are magazines piled up on a stack. And behold, my eyes land on him sitting on the couch with his legs crossed.
He looks like he's in a deep thought when he suddenly looks at me. I quickly avert my gaze.

"What?" He asks arrogantly.

"Uhh.. What were you thinking about?" Okay.. Wrong question. Maybe I should've kept my mouth shut.

"Stuffs which you wouldn't understand." I'm surprised he actually answered.

"Well.. Try me." Hope he opens up.

He just ignored me after giving me an amused look. I was about to say something when the lady comes with the dresses. Here goes....

"M'am, we've got some dresses. Please come and try it out in the changing room." She gestures me towards the room.

"Okay." I look at Robert and then enter the room with the first dress. It's a navy blue tube dress. I look at myself in the mirror and..... It sucks. I don't know... I feel awkward wearing this dress. It stops right above my knee, and kinda shows a little cleavage.

Not my style.....

It would suit girls like Tina..

Bang! Bang!

"Medley! Done yet? What's taking you so long?" I hear Robert shouting from the other side.

"Umm.. Yeah.. " I'm not sure if I wanna go out with this dress..

"What the hell? Get out quickly." He seems impatient.

God help me..... I open the door and reveal myself to the awaiting mob.

Robert was pacing about but stopped when he saw me come out. He seemed shocked. Even the sales ladies were shocked.

Do I really look so bad??

"How do I look?" I ask to break the tension filled air.

The head lady was about to answer when..