10.| Merry Birthday

Your POV

"Miss.Chung. We'll be heading home now."

I looked up from my papers and saw most of my employees with their coats on.

"Go ahead. Thank you for today, Merry Christmas."

They all headed out closing the door. I returned back to my papers which I'm struggling on from the contract I have received. Even after 5 months of being the CEO, I still have no idea what the heck I'm reading.

As I continued to work, I didn't even realize that is was past 9 when someone opened my office door.

"Chung Yangmi?"

"Oh? Zhengting! What are you doing here?"

He walks in with his work attire with a long black coat. "I came to grab you, it's past work time."

"I need to finish this first- Zhengting! Let go of my hand! I need to finish this!!!!" I objected as he dragged me away from my office chair.

"I don't care. Today is Christmas Eve."

In the end, I was dragged into my car and was forced to drive home. If you're thinking that I could just ditch and head back to the company... Nope!

Zhengting was legit driving his car behind mine! Like some sort of criminal stalker.

Once the both of us parked our cars, we both headed up to our home. As we were, a blurted out a question.

"How did you know I was still at the company?"

Zhengting lets out a laugh as he opened the door while answering, "Where else would you be?"

I rolled my eyes at him.

I headed upstairs into my room, while Zhengting headed into his. I was already super tired, so when I finished getting ready for bed, I actually went to bed.

I drifted off to sleep for...? I think about 3 hours before Zhengting woke me up. But not by walking into my room and tapping my shoulder. Nooo. He walked in, climbed onto my bed and then tapped my shoulder. 

"Hey... Yangmi, wake up." 

"W-What?- WHAT THE FUCK?! WHY ARE YOU IN MY ROOM?! WHY ARE YOU IN MY BED!?!" I screamed, using the strength of my legs to push him off my bed.

I heard a huge thump after, followed with a loud groan. "Agh... why are you so violent?"

"Why are you in my bed?!" 

He slowly got back up and smiled cheekily. "Let's watch a movie." 

__________

I was all wrapped in my blanket, sitting in the sofa, in front of the TV.

"Why are we watching a movie at 2 in the morning?" I groggily said before yawning

I waited for Zhengting to say something back, but it was silent in the living room. As the movie started I realized it was the movie, How The Grinch Stole Christmas. 

Then suddenly the guy I was looking for appeared beside me.

"Merry Birthday!"

I tilted my head slightly in confusion. 

Merry Birthday?... 

"What?" I mumbled out.

Zhengting lets out a heavy sigh before explaining, "Today... is Christmas. You're birthday... ring a bell?"

"Oh, my god..." I groaned as I face-palmed myself. "I completely forgot it was even my birthday..."

"Tch. Can't say I blame you. I mean, you have been forcing yourself to work so hard." He exclaims before handing me a box. "Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Yangmi."

I held the small box in my palms feeling guilty that I didn't get him anything for Christmas. 

"I feel bad..."

"Why?"

"I didn't get you anything for Christmas." 

Zhengting then flashed me a smile. "It's only 2:30 am. You can still get me something within the next 22 hours. Now. Open on your gift."

I unravelled the blue ribbon, then lifted up the lid revealing a stunningly beautiful necklace. I was in awe, shock, surprise. You name it. 

"Z-Zhengting! This is too much." I was utterly speechless. 

"Why? I think it's perfect."

"I-It is! But... this is a diamond necklace... and we've known each other for like a few months. I don't deserve this."

Zhengting told me to stop talking and took the necklace out of my hands. Confusing me slightly. 

Then he leaned in closer towards my face. I stayed still, thinking that he was gonna kiss me so I closed my eyes, only to realize that he leaned in so he could put on the necklace around my neck.

I blushed hard, thinking that he was actually gonna kiss me... aha. Stupid.

"It matches you nicely." He compliments.

My hand slowly reaches for the small pendant that hangs from my neck. "Thank you, so so much for this. I love it. It's even my birthstone too."

The rest of the night was me and Zhengting, sitting on the sofa, watching a movie before drifting off to sleep.

It was maybe the most memorable thing that has happened between us... and when doing so, it made me realize that I didn't think of work, or tomorrow, or the stalker. I had fun. 

Maybe he isn't so bad... maybe.

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!

OMG!! I aplogize for delaying this update!! I just started grade 11 and omg.

Thank you sooooo sooooooo sooooo much for being patient! I will continue to work hard!

Thank you for reading!!

-Jennie<3