Chapter 8

One Week Later

Dior POV

It was Thursday night and I was texting Dre. Me and Dre became closer over the last week.

My mom had to late work as usual. I never seen someone that work so much and don't show their child any attention.

So far my memory came back to me. I finally asked Dre what happened to me and he reluctantly told me. He seen when I ran outside and came after me. He caught Hakeem just in time before he was about to rape me.

I cried myself to sleep every night thinking how can someone you loved the most hurt you the worst. The only answer I got out of this is its life and to forgive but never forget. Long as you walk around mad at that person that hurted you, they will have control over your life and I refused to give Hakeem power over my life.

My phone went off signaling that I had a text message.

Dre 😍 : Goodnight beautiful. Don't forget to pray for me

Me: Goodnight to you too. And I always pray for you, even when you don't ask ❤

Dre 😍: Damn a nigga can't get a compliment? 😂

Me: Goodnight Handsome 😂😂. Happy now?

Dre 😍: Ecstatic 😜. Don't text back cause if you do we going end up texting all night.

I took his word and didn't text back. Everytime we tell each other goodnight another conversation always come about.

I covered up and went to sleep thinking about Dre.

---------------------------------------------------

My alarm woke me up out of my sleep. I felt energized and rejuvenated for some reason maybe cause today is going to go good.

I took a shower and played some music. I put on Lauryn Hill Ex Factor.

Is this just a silly game
That forces you to act this way?
Forces you to scream my name
Then pretend that you can't stay
Tell me who I have to be
To get some reciprocity
See no one loves you more than me
And no one ever will
No matter how I think we grow
You always seem to let me know
It ain't working, it ain't working

As yall can see I like old school music. Some of today's music is good but I can't just relate to some of it.

I wash me and get out the shower. I decided to put my hair in a bun and hurry out the bathroom so I won't be late for school.

I put on a white tee and and some light blue jeans and my white forces.

I grabbed my keys, purse, and booksack and hurried out the door. I went to McDonald's since I didn't have time to eat breakfast this morning. I see the drive thru was full so I decided to get down.

I was the first one line so I decided to go place my order.

"Can I get 2 orders of 3 hot cakes, 2 sausage biscuits and 2 orange juice, please"

"Your total is $9.90"

I gave her a ten and waited for my change. I know yall thinking I'm cheap, I'm just not stupid. If 10 people came to McDonald's and let them keep 10 cents in change thats an extra dollar for them and so on.

I had to wait a lil while for my food. When I looked up I seen the devil herself, Alyssa.

"Wassup black bitch" She said