Part one - the doll

Papers upon papers scattered on the desk , a groan of frustration can be heard as notebooks and photographs fell off the desk and to the floor .

One picture was picked up from the mess .

The picture was of a doll , simply a doll.

A life sized doll female sat in the chair , legs crossed daintily .

Her head was turned so she was facing the camera , her face was made of porcelain , like the beautiful golden haired , blue eyed , smiling , irreplaceable small Victorian dolls a grandmother would have , but not this one .

This doll wasn't small at all , from the looks of the picture she seemed to be at least five foot eight , quite skinny though but that wouldn't change at all .

No golden curls for this doll either , instead waist length wavy-ish midnight black hair , and no blue eyes , the eyes were mismatched as if one was lost and she was forced to replace it with another colored one , the left eye was a deep lilac sort of purple , the right was an imperial red , her cheeks were a pale rosy color like a doll , but her lips weren't a smile of a puckered rose , jagged stitchings , their purpose not told but it was obvious it wasn't silence or a forever smile either .

She wore a short dress with a corset bodice , in black with dark purple lace , it showed her ball joints , from her head to her neck was one and from neck to body was another and so on , even her fingers , which made it all the more easier to grip things , like the small mutilated bear on her lap .

Like an abandoned and not well kept doll she had cracks , like scars , some deeper than others indicating that she has been through hard times and battles and all.

Her age was quite the mystery , she only looked about sixteen yet ageless at the same time.

The picture got put down and more things were sent flying off the desk until a manuscript was found , it was titled simply as :

~ Vivian the doll ~

The manuscript was messy and out of order , pages upon pages of the doll's story.