03

03

A rose is a rose is a rose - Proverb Quotes

I wasn't in the mood to be attending any stupid charity dinner. Okay I'm a terrible person, charity is a good thing and I just called it stupid. It's an amazing thing to do to help those we are in need and less fortunate. But why is it that I don't have the heart to help others right now?

I'm officially a terrible person.

Maybe I'm just tired, yes that must be it. I did have a lot on my plate this past week with the order from Kingsley Enterprise and that god damn awful bridezilla. Why am I even being so moody for? God is my period coming or something? Wait, what the hell am I doing?! It just feels like something bad is about to happen. Maybe it's an emotional breakdown that's long overdue, yes that's it. When was the last time I had a mental/emotional breakdown anyways? Months? Years? Or maybe-

"Why are you mumbling to yourself?" Lily broke my chain of thought. I blinked a few times and stared at the leather car seat in front of me. My dad was seated in the driver's seat while my mom sat beside him. Lily and I were sitting in the back wearing the exact same dress and I was zoning out and mumbling words subconsciously.

"Um I was?" I turned to my sister. She rolled her eyes at me, crossing her arms across her chest.

"You're so weird sometimes." Lily muttered and I giggled. I know I can be weird sometimes but so what?

"Don't say that about your sister." My mom looked over her shoulder and stared at Lily. "You know how your sister can be sometimes."

"Yes, weird." Lily repeated and then she stared out the window at the passing scenery.

Normally I would have tried to create conversation with anyone because I'm not quite a big fan on silence. But I really don't know what's wrong with me today, I just wanted to be...quiet. I turned my attention out into the scenery as well. We were currently on our way to the venue where the charity dinner was being held. All I knew about the dinner was that it's an outdoor event at some fancy garden at the hotel. And also that there's going to be a lot people from the business world attending with their families as well.

We arrived at the hotel fifteen minutes later and the valet opened the door for all of us before my Dad handed his keys of his Mercedes Benz to them. My parents walked ahead with Lily closely behind them while I lagged behind a little bit. I really didn't know why I was feeling so down and depressed today. I've got to have a serious talk with Mia tonight or tomorrow and drown myself in a tray of her chocolates.

The venue was beautiful needless to say, the patio was decorated with floral decorations, bright white lights were placed throughout the venue, a bunch of circular tables set across the lawn with long tables of catered food to the left, waitress and waiters serving appetizers and wine. The moment we stepped onto the grass, my Dad started to socialize with other businessmen and their wives.

"Hello Mr. Harris," I would extend my hand out towards him. I remember Mr. Harris being one of my Dad's partner when they had a project done together and that was about it.

"This is rather embarrassing," He started and we returned our hands to our sides. "Even though I've known your father for years now, I could never tell the differences between his twin daughters. And you're not very helpful at all to make them wear the exact same dress, are you trying to play a game here or something Jamie?" My Dad chuckled.

"Of course not, it was all Renee's idea." My Dad looked at his wife in his arms and my Mom politely smiled back.

"It's been ages since I've dressed my girls in the same dress. I was just reliving the olden days." My Mom said and they laughed.