Chapter 4

A/N: Finally here!!! I know. It's unbelievable, I know.

Tabane Shinonono

You entered the room after changing to see almost everyone was sitting on pillows, although a few looked uncomfortable. Why those particular students weren't sitting at the nearby tables was beyond you, but you didn't ponder on it too much, instead kneeling as well. While you were eating a girl came up behind you and dressed her voice, saying:

"Thank you for helping me back then, in the water."

"It was just the obvious thing to do. I do not believe it deserves thanks, but I'll accept them, Ms. Huang." you replied, turning your head to face her and nodding.

The rest of the meal actually went pretty smoothly, with only one moment of disruption from Ichika and Cecilia. You decided to ignore it and enjoyed your food, replying to the occasional question or remark addressed to you.

While you were walking through the halls, having finished dinner you felt a hand on your shoulder and stopped, looking back slightly and saying:

"What is it sensei?"

"I haven't seen your sister ever since you came here. Why is that?"

"Please don't do this to me." you said, tearing up. "You know what happend as well as I do."

You began walking away, trying to move as quickly as possible. But before you even took four steps you stopped because of Orimura sensei shouting.

"Y/N..."

After a second of hesitation you turned around, watching the teacher, who was looking at you weirdly. You were pretty sure she knew something you didn't but couldn't ask, too scared of what it might be.

"Your sister... Selena... knew that something might happen to her. She asked me to..."

"Take care of me?" you asked. "So all of this..." you continued in a higher voice pointing to your surroundings and the room where the other students were still eating "... was actually out of pity?"

"No. Your research does interests the academy." Orimura-sensei replied. "Selena asked me to make sure you know when it's time to let go." she continued, her eyes moving off yours.

You began shaking and turned around, which caused the tears that had been building up in your eyes to fly out. You began running and kept going until you reached the farthest point of the beach, letting the cold seawater soak your shoes. There were two ways you were going to let go. Either after she was safe in your arms, or after you were motionless, at least six feet under the ground.

When the coolness of the night became too much you returned to the building, shivering violently, but a lot calmer. After reaching the room you were assigned you entered without a second thought, only to see Yamada sensei in a nightgown, walking towards a bed.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I must have entered the wrong room." you said, thinking it was impossible to be put in the same room as a teacher.

However another glance at the door confirmed this was actually the room you were supposed to be sleeping in. Letting out a sigh you entered once again and made your way to the other bed in the room, taking your socks off and hanging them to dry on the heater next to it. The entire time Yamada sensei looked at you as if you were some exotic animal. This was going to be a long night.

"I told Orimura-sensei I wasn't ready to do anything more with..."

"You seem concerned sensei." you said, having heard her mumbling.

"Oh! It's nothing. But after the incident during training..." she began saying, being interrupted by your response.

"It was simply an accident and nothing more. A bit embarrassing for me, but without any consequences. I'm still a student and you are still a teacher. That hasn't changed."