Chapter 6

A/N: It's time to finish that fight and move on.

Chapter 6 The Silver Gospel part 2

Houki's POV

"RIN!! DAMN IT!" I shouted, watching her tumble to the ground.

"She'll be all right, unlike the ship from before. Focus on the objective." Y/N told me through the radio.

He was right so I continued slashing at the unit as we were tumbling towards the water, since the Gospel had lost its primary thrusters. I disengaged as it hit the surface of the sea.

"Did we win?" Charlotte asked.

"It seems…" I began replying, only to notice a light in the water, getting bigger.

Laura's POV

"DEPLOY YOUR DAGGERS, QUICKLY!!!" Y/N shouted through the connection.

I immediately did as instructed and launched them towards the glowing ball in the sea. Most of them bounced back, but two hit their mark, wrapping around the Gospel as it was floating up, surrounded by some sort of bubble.

"Shoot!" Y/N exclaimed, somehow managing to censor himself. "Energy readings are rising. It's entering second shift!"

"WHAT DO WE DO?!?!" Cecilia shouted.

"Grab the wires and pull for now. You need to limit its movement." Y/N ordered. "Charlotte!"

"Oui?" the girl replied as she was grabbing the rope.

"Give Houki clearance to use your weapon." he said, keeping a calm and clear tone. "Houki, you focus on attacking at my signal. Rin as well. The two of you are too damaged and don't have enough energy left to move needlessly."

Everyone did as instructed. For him to obtain at least their cooperation, as a male without the ability to pilot an IS, was still impressive to me. But I should've expected it, knowing him.

We all pulled the strings of the daggers, which had tangled up an arm and a leg of the unit respectively. Having the best mobility meant that Charlotte and Cecilia moved to the other side of the unit with their string, to bring its arm around its back.

The gospel began struggling to escape the grip of the others, the energy around it losing a bit of intensity. By that time Rin had come next to me, preparing her remaining canon. Houki held the gun Charlotte had given her and aimed. Luckily it was similar to the one we were used to from class, albeit much heavier, so she wouldn't have any problems.

"Fire!" came Y/N's voice through the radio.

Bullets rained on the Gospel, which only attempted to retaliate after the first few hits. In spite of our efforts the unit was beginning to sprout energy wings.

"Move in for close combat, now!" Y/N said, probably having noticed the change. "Charlotte, Cecilia! Fire at will!"

Rin and Houki switched to their swords and I felt my unit moving, as I was now the only person holding the Gospel from escaping. I thought about it for a second and aimed my canon up a little, before deactivating some of my recoil cancelling equipment. I then shot the canon and the recoil pushed me back with enough force to counter the efforts of the enemy IS.

Rin's POV

Houki was flying towards the Gospel next to me. Both of us rammed into the unit, pushing it down and slashing off the wings that were emerging. The Gospel did manage to hit Houki with its hand though, and she began falling, likely out of energy.

"Rin, move up and shoot!" Laura shouted.

I did as she said and my attack, backed up by Laura's rail gun, connected, hitting the unit. Finally, the screen on the IS' helmet deactivated and the unit curled into a fetal position, floating down.