Chapter 13

A/N: I didn't take a few months to write a new chapter!

Chapter 13 Kidnapped

It was morning and this time you were taken to an interrogation room. A cup of tea was placed on the table in front of you and Ginoza sat down on the other side.

"With the background check complete I have to say that my point has practically been confirmed."

He then opened two files and pushed them in front of you. One contained the records you had given them and the other your background.

"The final missing person is a relative of yours." He added. "You likely left Japan looking for her."

"I can't deny that. My goal has been and is to bring her back."

"And this bias can compromise the entire operation…" the officer began saying.

"Because if the people who are missing have been moved to different locations it's important to discover the most important one and strike that." you finished the explanation. "May I have a pen?"

"Considering your response this is the end of the interrogation. Your opinion will be requested after we've finished deliberations."

You were then left alone in the room to wait for someone to get you. Glancing at the camera you shrugged and began talking. Everything here was supposed to go on record.

This is where my sister has been working before her disappearance." you explained after naming the final country. "While waiting for an official list to arrive from the IS academy please run these locations against the countries from where the kidnapping victims went missing. If a discrepancy arises that person is an important target."

Soon a guard arrived to bring you back to your cell and you spent the next few hours trying to sleep, hoping to get your mind off your problems. When that didn't work you started exercising.

"You certainly like getting on Ginoza's nerves." a voice said as you were in the middle of a set of burpees. "So far your theory holds."

"Should I be thankful then?" you asked, stopping and taking deep breaths and looking towards its owner.

"You have one more round of questioning. Some people still think your research is dangerous." Kogami said. "So we have to ask you about it. Everything you say will be recorded and sent to some experts."

You were surprised to hear so much. Was he trying to warn you about something… Even considering all the backlash he has gotten from other officers trying to defend your opinion…

You were cuffed and found yourself in the interrogation room for a second time. Only now you were being questioned by another person. Although a lot of people could've been behind the glass.

"What is the purpose of your research."

"Studying the core of the IS as a way to develop higher efficient, higher capacity batteries to be paired up with green energy sources." you replied.

"What technology have you developed for said purpose?" Kogami asked, seemingly satisfied with the response.

"A scanner that allows me to detect fluctuation in…" you began explaining before realising you might be overcomplicating things. "In shorter terms a core diagnostics system that offers me information about the current state of a given core. Alongside peripherals that murise the system."

"Has any other information come from your research. Something that can explain this footage perhaps." the next question, follows by a clip of you disabling the unit. Probably from a surveillance camera.